Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

Just now, Crickett said:

Well, if they like their heir apparent (Davis Webb),

That would shock me. The guy isn't a franchise QB IMO, but stranger things have happened.

Just now, Crickett said:

it does make sense if they're looking to trade down with Buffalo. 

The scenario above was them staying put at #2 and drafting Chubb. That's my entire point. Stupid decision to do that. If you trade down, that's a different story.

Just now, Crickett said:

You can fill a lot of gaping holes with #12, #22, #34, #66 and either #53, #56, or both. 

Again, my response was to them staying at #2 and drafting Chubb.

Just now, Crickett said:

As much as I think Eli Manning is done as an effective starter, nothing extends a quarterback's career quite like being surrounded with a surplus of talent. 

Prime Eli at age 28-30 was a little better than Vinny Testaverde. It's not like we're talking about an elite QB here, especially one who is clearly declining at age 38.

Just now, Crickett said:

Take the Giants current offense, add a running back taken in the top seventy, a wide receiver taken in the top seventy, an offensive lineman added in the top seventy and suddenly Eli's job is much easier.  Especially if the Giants can add two or three more pieces to their defense as well. 

Lot of "if's" there assuming all of that will pan out too. I'd count on about half of that happening, and that's the league average.

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

Well I mean it's not like the Giants need to upgrade their offensive line..... or receiver corps..... or secondary..... or linebackers..... or running backs.....

This is what people are forgetting. The Giants aren't a QB away, they have a lot of needs. Drafting a caddy for Eli right now is a total waste of resources. 

I'm currently banging the Saquan Barkley drum, but can totally see Quentin Nelson with the pick. A non-QB pick will make sure that the next QB taking snaps isn't stuck with a "throw it up to Odell before you get crushed" style offense.

About the Giants and the #2 pick....

They do have a ton of holes. This team is't going to be competing for championships any time soon. Given this, they might as well take a shot at the QB of the future right now while they're guaranteed at least the #2 QB in a pretty good class.

Besides, Eli Manning hasn't been good for a couple years now. I don't see any way the Giants make another playoff push with Eli there. Time to nuke the roster and rebuild with a new QB in my opinion.

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

I feel like ‘ Suh to la is going to happen 

Not unless LA is going to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league and piss Aaron Donald off more.  Suh is going to whoever is willing to pay him the most and i cant imagine its LA.  Or the Raiders for that matter.  Again you have another dl superstar already there in Mack.  Dallas would make a ton of sense and it does feel like a Jerry Jones move.

On 3/19/2018 at 2:35 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

This is what people are forgetting. The Giants aren't a QB away, they have a lot of needs. Drafting a caddy for Eli right now is a total waste of resources. 

I'm currently banging the Saquan Barkley drum, but can totally see Quentin Nelson with the pick. A non-QB pick will make sure that the next QB taking snaps isn't stuck with a "throw it up to Odell before you get crushed" style offense.

Sounds like you've seen a lot of Giants' games these last couple of years!

And that is the point: so many needs, and with potential superstars (Nelson and Barkley) at non-QB positions, why take a young QB who will essentially sit (and everyone of the QB prospects has question marks in this year's class) behind Eli, while he gets hammered by the pass-rush, and with a feeble running game?

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Not unless LA is going to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league and piss Aaron Donald off more.  Suh is going to whoever is willing to pay him the most and i cant imagine its LA.  Or the Raiders for that matter.  Again you have another dl superstar already there in Mack.  Dallas would make a ton of sense and it does feel like a Jerry Jones move.

I don't think he's going to whoever pays him the most, but LA will not be the team that can. They CAN, however, offer him a 2 year deal that will give him a shot at a super bowl and the chance to get back on the market to cash in at age 33. The Rams have discussed internally with Donald before bringing in Suh for a visit for what it's worth.  Also, LA offers $$ opportunity outside of football that no other city can offer to make up the money if that's his concern. Suh to Rams is a very real possibility.

2 hours ago, bzane said:

Sounds like you've seen a lot of Giants' games these last couple of years!

My cousin/godbrother is a Giants fan (born/raised in Jersey) so we chat a lot about football. He's basically begging for Barkley/Lamar Jackson with the picks. 

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think Dallas is pretty cap strapped IIRC. 

Suh visited Tennessee, not sure how much cap they have with some of moves they’ve made the last couple years. Even then, I imagine they’re saving a chunk for Lewan.

The teams that Suh has visited with aren’t the teams that’ll be paying him his max value. Cleveland, Tampa, and San Fran would be the moves. 

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

My cousin/godbrother is a Giants fan (born/raised in Jersey) so we chat a lot about football. He's basically begging for Barkley/Lamar Jackson with the picks. 

Maybe he'd like an Odell Bobblehead for Christmas!

Image result for Odell Beckham bobblehead

Archived