The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

10 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Yep. They gotta move on at some point as they continue to lose all these kids 

It's a weird situation. They will be loaded next year but won't have talent the year after. Very real possibility USC wins 10 games next year, Harrell moves on, they can't fire Helton and are stuck with him in 2021 knowing they will suck and Helton will get fired. Issue will be that the next coach will walk into a difficult situation that won't get fixed over night.

22 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Some people just like it being all about themselves. Love the drama.

Rakim Jarrett is one example. He committed to LSU months ago and has never really even acted like a commit. I don’t think it any point in time did he actually think he was going to sign there. Then flips to local Maryland on signing day. Then already thinking ahead by talking about being there for three years. 

I don’t wish any of these kids failure at the next level by any means, but I do think a lot of them are going to have a reality check.

See: Justin Shorter.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

what did he think?

Can't say what his own expectations were, but the expectations put upon him by others were equivalent to that of Rakim Jarrett, if not higher. The point I'm making is, just because a recruit is high profile doesn't mean that they're a shoe in for the NFL. Which we all know, but this was one way of reiterating it.

• Like 1