The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Truly the best part is ripping him from Texas Ton’s grasp! Dude will be the 2nd highest rated recruited of all time. Please, dear god, don’t let Day leave for the NFL!

Ohio State recruits Texas and Arizona better than the Longhorns and Wildcats do.

Also, Ryan Day is reallllly establishing a reputation with future recruits. He is on fire with all of these 5* QBs coming to town. Not to mention the seemingly get every notable WR recruit since Hartline/Day have been together

• Like 1

Yeah, it's definitely positional.  Not that they aren't recruiting well across the board, but the WRs and QBs are practically crawling to Columbus.  Some of these dudes are going to transfer, you can't just bring in 3-4 blue-chip WRs and a blue-chip QB every season and expect to appease everyone.  I'm not complaining though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

They recruit Texas, California and Florida extremely well whereas a team like Wisconsin can and does not.

We do, we just get stuck with the leftovers. Ohio State's history is a bit different than ours and that's the main reason why you guys can and we can't. I mean, we've gotten several players from Florida and Texas, most certainly.

Jameson Wright - 4* CB (FL)
James White - 3* RB (FL)
Peniel Jean - 3* CB (FL)

Devin Gaulden - 3* CB (FL)

Bart Houston - 4* QB (CA)
Hugs Etienne - 3* CB (FL)

Sojourn Shelton - 3* CB (FL)
Leon Jacobs - 3* OLB (CA)

DJ Gillins - 4* QB (FL)
George Rushing - 3* WR (FL)
D'Cota Dixon - 3* S (FL)
Natrell Jamerson - 3* WR/DB (FL)
Derrick Tindal - 3* CB (FL)
Austin Hudson - 3* S (FL)

Kyle Penniston - 3* TE (CA)
Kevin Estes - 3* OT (CA)
Olive Sagapolu - 3* DT (CA)
Nick Thomas - 3* ILB (FL)
Andrew James - 3* WR/DB (FL)
Chris Orr - 3* ILB (TX)

Dontye Carriere-Williams - 3* CB (FL)
Keldric Preston - 3* DE (FL)
Dallas Jeanty - 3* ILB (FL)
Caesar Williams - 3* CB (TX)

Cade Green - 3* WR (TX)
Emmet Perry - 3* WR (TX)
Faion Hicks - 3* CB (FL)

Nakia Watson - 3* RB (TX)
Travian Blaylock - 3* CB (TX)
Rachad Wildgoose - 3* DB (FL)
Alexander Smith - 3* DB (CA)

Spencer Lytle - 3* OLB (CA)
Titus Toler - 3* S (CA)
Semar Melvin - 3* CB (FL)
James Williams - 3* CB (FL)

None

But that doesn't include the kids we take from Georgia, Ohio and states like Arizona, North Carolina, etc. We try, we just get what's left over. Give us more time and it'll start happening. Kids are starting to wise up to what kind of program we are now.

Edited by beekay414

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, it's definitely positional.  Not that they aren't recruiting well across the board, but the WRs and QBs are practically crawling to Columbus.  Some of these dudes are going to transfer, you can't just bring in 3-4 blue-chip WRs and a blue-chip QB every season and expect to appease everyone.  I'm not complaining though. 

The WRs you can potentially, the QBs you can not. It’s great to see them not shying away from the likes of tOSU. Also think the portal helps. That it allows you to take your chance at tOSU and if it doesn’t work you can transfer out with our potential losing a year

Edited by buno67

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The WRs you can potentially, the QBs you can not. It’s great to see them not shying away from the likes of tOSU. Also think the portal helps. That it allows you to take your chance at tOSU and if it doesn’t work you can transfer out with our potential losing a year

Yeah they have 4 highly recruited QBs in the 2020-2022 classes something got to give there especially between Miller and Stroud.

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah they have 4 highly recruited QBs in the 2020-2022 classes something got to give there especially between Miller and Stroud.

I think Stroud wins out in the battle but right now Miller has the advantage, so it seems being the first one to see action. Maybe Day will mix up who is the back up but who knows

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So is Ewers likely to lean OSU then? I always assumed Oklahoma.

Every thing I hear is he is a hard OSU lean. A lot of CBs have him at OSU. Before he committed to Texas, OSU was the team going after him the hardest. I guess a day or two before he decommitted a bunch of recruits in the Ohio state ‘22 class were dropping major hints about something big happening.  I know a few of the ‘22 class of kids have said they want to be better than the ‘21 class which is ridiculously loaded but it looks like it just might. Ewers would be the 2nd highest commit for OSU ever, right behind Pryor

@NateDawg @AkronsWitness to add more about the volume of WR talent tOSU. They might not get a lot of targets but some of them might like the idea of being coached up by Hartline for at least 3yrs. Dude has proven to be one of the best WR coaches in the nation

To me Hartline might be the 2nd most important coach on staff. Which says a lot. I think as long as he keeps pulling in WR talent, that will always catch the eye of the top tier QBs. Giving OSU chances at the top QBs every year. I think that is one reason we got Ewers. Hell tOSU made finish like 4-5years in a row that they were able to grab either the #1 or #2 WR in a recruiting cycle. 

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

@NateDawg @AkronsWitness to add more about the volume of WR talent tOSU. They might not get a lot of targets but some of them might like the idea of being coached up by Hartline for at least 3yrs. Dude has proven to be one of the best WR coaches in the nation

To me Hartline might be the 2nd most important coach on staff. Which says a lot. I think as long as he keeps pulling in WR talent, that will always catch the eye of the top tier QBs. Giving OSU chances at the top QBs every year. I think that is one reason we got Ewers. Hell tOSU made finish like 4-5years in a row that they were able to grab either the #1 or #2 WR in a recruiting cycle. 

Yeah and add that to the stretch of Garrett Wilson(#2), Julian Fleming(#1), Smith-Njigba(#5), Gee Scott Jr(#10), Emecka Egbuka(#1) Jayden Ballard(#5), Caleb Burton (#1).

Between Wilson/Fleming/Egbuka/Burton the Buckeyes and Brian Hartline have recruited practically the best WR in the country in 4 of 5 years. Their talent at WR is incomprehensible compared to other programs.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah and add that to the stretch of Garrett Wilson(#2), Julian Fleming(#1), Smith-Njigba(#5), Gee Scott Jr(#10), Jayden Ballard(#5), Caleb Burton (#1).

Between Wilson/Fleming/Burton the Buckeyes and Brian Hartline have recruited practically the best WR in the country in 3 of 5 years. Their talent at WR is incomprehensible compared to other programs.

Egbuka is the #1 WR in the ‘21 class and he is predicted to be an OSU lean as well. 24/7 has him CB at 89% for OSU.  It’s a double sided payoff. You get the QB, you will attract the WRs. You get the WRs, you will attract the QBs.