Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Just out of curiosity, which centers are you projecting to be available there?  Because I won't be surprised Daniels, Ragnow, and possibly even Price are all gone by pick 40.

Yeah...I think the CB and C/OG market is going to be watered down quite a bit.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I figure 1 of those 3 will fall.  My money's on Price.   Although Price's updated medical could change that, he won't have any offseason strength and conditioning - which means he'll be way behind the strength curve for Year 1.   He'll just have rehabilitated the pec injury to be in playing shape, but not at peak strength, not even close.   That makes Year 1 more of a redshirt year.  

Yeah.  Normally on "center-only" or "center-convert" prospects I feel like it's generally safe to feel like they're be there in the 2nd.  But these guys are all centers who are all capable of slotting in immediately at guard, so I can actually see a number of teams having higher values placed on them than guys like Hernandez and Wynn unless they also believe in the ability of either of those two to possibly play OT.

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

I don't know if it has been said here, but Dallas and Seattle are talking about Thomas for 2nd round pick deal. 

I think that would be a solid deal for both parties. The first / third talk was crazy. Seattle needs to hit this rebuild (reload?) full on, and Thomas is well worth a second rounder for a team like Dallas. 

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

La Canfora has said the Bills have gone back and done work on Josh Rosen and met with people close to him recently.

Peaches is trying to make himself relevant on Draft Day again, as per usual.

11 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yeah.  Normally on "center-only" or "center-convert" prospects I feel like it's generally safe to feel like they're be there in the 2nd.  But these guys are all centers who are all capable of slotting in immediately at guard, so I can actually see a number of teams having higher values placed on them than guys like Hernandez and Wynn unless they also believe in the ability of either of those two to possibly play OT.

To be fair, if either Hernandez or Wynn were there at 2.40, I'd be fine with that too.    Why I would go absolutely NUTS if we went Chark at 2.40.  There are so many good WR's we could get a 3.70 or 3.99.    You can't say that about OL or CB.  

You've been around long enough to know @AnAngryAmerican - he's famous in the DEN forum for being mega-hard on the DEN franchise back to the McDaniels era.  It's a bit of a running joke on how down he gets, although the angles are all legit.   If Elway took Chark 2.7 and went Allen 1.5 (or worse, Ward at 1.5), and bypassed Rosen, I've already asked our Forum Mod if I can change my username to AnAngryBroncofan or AnAngryCanadian.   We probably will need several username changes if it goes down like that (although AAA is one guy who likes Allen).

Hearing Rosen over Darnold at 3 so if Sam doesn't go 2 (Denver trade up or Bills trade up), he could fall to 4 and it will be raining picks in the Browns laps once again. As crazy as it sounds, the Bucs are poised to get one of the top 3 players in this draft at pick 7.

Lance Zierlein

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, if either Hernandez or Wynn were there at 2.40, I'd be fine with that too.    Why I would go absolutely NUTS if we went Chark at 2.40.  There are so many good WR's we could get a 3.70 or 3.99.    You can't say that about OL or CB.  

You've been around long enough to know @AnAngryAmerican - he's famous in the DEN forum for being mega-hard on the DEN franchise back to the McDaniels era.  It's a bit of a running joke on how down he gets, although the angles are all legit.   If Elway took Chark 2.7 and went Allen 1.5 (or worse, Ward at 1.5), and bypassed Rosen, I've already asked our Forum Mod if I can change my username to AnAngryBroncofan or AnAngryCanadian.

I'd disagree there.  The CB's in this class are getting massively undersold because some of the guys who were originally projected to be 1st/2nd/3rd round values early on have pretty much crapped out and fallen by the wayside.  And, assuming you're not looking for a plug-and-play OT, the depth of this interior OL class is pretty strong (at least into the 5th round).  It's just that people haven't really delved much into or want to discredit guys who played D1/FBS ball but didn't play on outstanding/winning programs.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'd disagree there.  The CB's in this class are getting massively undersold because some of the guys who were originally projected to be 1st/2nd/3rd round values early on have pretty much crapped out and fallen by the wayside.  And, assuming you're not looking for a plug-and-play OT, the depth of this interior OL class is pretty strong (at least into the 5th round).  It's just that people haven't really delved much into or want to discredit guys who played D1/FBS ball but didn't play on outstanding/winning programs.

I don't know that I'm that high on the next tier of G/CB in Rd 3 - but let me be even more precise - the gap between Chark and 2.40 and the WR at 3.70 / 3.99 is nowhere near the gap I'd see with the guys we could get a 2.40 (Wynn/Hernandez, 1 of the 3 C's) and 3.70 / 3.99.  Even if your optimism is well-founded, I just don't see any real gap between Chark and the WR's we'll have available later. 

I love the developmental T tier this year, and interior OL is a strength BTW, so agree with you there.   Just that we can get a plug and play starter at 2.40 at C/G who is actually decent right away.   We can get a Chark alternative who won't be much different impact-wise (just in different ways) at 3.70 or 3.99 IMO.

Archived