The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If you want specialty slices I like Villa Monte in Bethpage.  One of my favorites for regular/Sicilian is King Umberto in Elmont.  Any particular location you are looking?

Was looking for something more on the east end tbh

How many people here are from Long Island?  I was born in Port Jefferson and grew up in Coram/Manorville and moved to Florida when I was 11.

When people here in Florida ask me why I am a Jets fans and not a Giants or Bills fan, I explain LI is Jets country and the rest of the state makes up more of those fan populations, but im curious how accurate that is here and how many Islanders are here.

5 hours ago, Abe56 said:

How many people here are from Long Island?  I was born in Port Jefferson and grew up in Coram/Manorville and moved to Florida when I was 11.

When people here in Florida ask me why I am a Jets fans and not a Giants or Bills fan, I explain LI is Jets country and the rest of the state makes up more of those fan populations, but im curious how accurate that is here and how many Islanders are here.

I'm not from LI but my dad is and he's why I'm a Jets fan. My mom is from Brooklyn and she's a Giants fan, so the way you're telling it is definitely how I've always seen it.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Sorry I've been MIA the last week and a half. Went to NY for a wedding and to see my wife and I's families and had traveling back plans go crazy. So finally back now. 

Hope you all enjoyed yourself mate 👍🏼

• Like 1

I live in central Maine but my mom side of the family is from Buffalo area. I have been a Jets fan since 1983. Ya 5 years old watching the Jets play. I loved the sack exchange. So this time next year it will be 40 years for cheering for these guys. I finally made it to the new stadium last year for the Tampa game. I loved the new stadium. The drive is not too bad 6 to 7 hours so I can make the run but not at these gas prices lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished extended highlights of all the 2009 and 2010 games and I can’t tell you how nostalgic it made me.

Watching it back there’s so many moments like a crucial catch or great tackle that you completely forget about but without it the season would have ended up differently. 

That team had so much personality and character.