The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

That's how you do a character justice. 

After credit scene was pretty nice too. 

I imagine it’s Mandarloran Season 3:Book of Boba, not his own spinoff right?

And when do we get the Jedi Order spinoff that’s 100% coming now.

Holy ****!  Luke mother****ing Skywalker!

I knew something was going to come along to save them, but I didn't think they'd go to that. Him tearing through the dark troopers with ease was awesome.  Especially how they established that a pro like Mando could barely survive one, and only because he had pure beskar.  I will say they should have got Sebastian Stan to play Luke over going the digital route.  It was noticeable enough to where it was distracting for me.

I liked that the Moff Gideon fight was earlier on, and I really like the tension it created between Bo Katan and Mando.  However, is Bo Katan dead?  They show her getting shot by Gideon, but then they literally never come back to it the entire episode, unless I missed something.  Getting back to the fight, the beskar staff heating up and glowing whenever the dark saber lingered in one spot too long was a nice touch.  I almost wish Gideon would have let Mando take Grogu and leave, it would have created a better jumping off point for the next season.  I was very intrigued where that might have gone, but I get Gideon lying and going for the kill shot when he had a chance too.

Very very very very smart to not mention The Book of Boba Fett at investor day, and i'll be all in on that as well.  I think they've done a nice job establishing the character this season.  I'm guessing they'll have a dual timeline kind of approach, because there is a lot to mine from back in the empire days, where he goes from here where he just seemingly took Jabba's underworld throne from that guy who was Jabba's advisor, and there is also time to explore the time post return of the jedi and when he pops back in The Mandalorian.  The very first scene has to be him surviving the saarlac pit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I imagine it’s Mandarloran Season 3:Book of Boba, not his own spinoff right?

And when do we get the Jedi Order spinoff that’s 100% coming now.

I assume we are getting both Mandalorian season 3 AND The Book of Boba Fett.  Two different shows.  We have too much in Din Djarin to just pivot to Boba Fett now.  Star Wars is about to be a very expanded universe of things happening simultaneously.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I assume we are getting both Mandalorian season 3 AND The Book of Boba Fett.  Two different shows.  We have too much in Din Djarin to just pivot to Boba Fett now.  Star Wars is about to be a very expanded universe of things happening simultaneously.

Yeah it sounds like Boba's series will be a spin off. 

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Mandalorian Season 3 was also announced for December 2021, so 2 mando shows in one month?

All these series should seemingly tie together, even if some of them are going to be mostly unrelated.

The Mandalorian
Ahsoka
The Book of Boba Fett
Rangers of the New Republic

And honestly, they could have a second run of shows in a similar timeline as well right after the Clone Wars through ANH

Kenobi
Lando
The Bad Batch
Andor
The Acolyte

I'm assuming Ahsoka is going to be around the search for Ezra Bridger, but it's possible that's another show as well with Ahsoka being a part timer in that.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Mandalorian Season 3 was also announced for December 2021, so 2 mando shows in one month?

Easy enough to push one or the other a month or two between now and then, but yes, i'd be just fine with two shows feature dudes in Mandalorian armor simultaneously as long as the quality doesn't dip compared to what we've got so far.  Not to mention that Boba isn't as gung ho about always being in armor as Mando is so easy enough to not look redundant.

Edited by THE DUKE

22 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Now I wish they hadn't revealed his face the previous episode, it kind of took away the punch it could have had when he said good bye to Grogu.

That was my thought. Forcing the face reveal in the other episode was stupid and pointless though 

• Like 1

I think the Luke reveal was cool cause it totally caught me off guard. This is a Star Wars show but I felt like main characters in the movies would essentially be off limits. Was cool to add him, the whole time I was like green lightsaber..couldn’t be him..? Think they could’ve done better with CGI, kinda looked like he had Bell’s palsy or something. 

Was kinda hoping the big buff chick would eat space dust but whatever. 

Kinda hoping Kylo kills grogu too

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

That was my thought. Forcing the face reveal in the other episode was stupid and pointless though 

At the time it made sense to me because it showed he would cross whatever lines he thought he had (he was literally ready to die rather than remove his helmet in Chapter 8.) to save Grogu. In this episode it was good because it let Pascal act with his face, but the punch was lost because it was done two episodes in a row.  I think I would have left his helmet on for the goodbye.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I think the Luke reveal was cool cause it totally caught me off guard. This is a Star Wars show but I felt like main characters in the movies would essentially be off limits. Was cool to add him, the whole time I was like green lightsaber..couldn’t be him..? Think they could’ve done better with CGI, kinda looked like he had Bell’s palsy or something. 

Was kinda hoping the big buff chick would eat space dust but whatever. 

Kinda hoping Kylo kills grogu too

Yeah the CGI was a bit distracting, think since they went that route and not getting someone like Sebastian Stan to come in and play him points to to him not showing up often in these now potentially 4 shows. I think him and Grogu might show up in Ahsoka and/or that "culmination event". It's gonna be weird for Grogu to not really be part of the show anymore.

The mirrored imagery of his father's hallway scene was great.

Yeah wanted someone to die, just for higher stakes, and Cara made the most sense.

Man, what a perfect final episode. I too was surprised to see Luke, because I didn't think it was going to happen but my goodness I'm glad it did. Also loved how his entrance paralleled Vader's in Rogue One and highlighted just how powerful he had become by the end of ROTJ.

I'm just so happy with this entire season, man. I dislike parts of S1 but S2 was perfection from start to finish and we have SO MANY different stories to dive into now, from Ahsoka to Bo Katan to Boba Fett to Mando/Grogu. It's amazing. And all of it was done TO PERFECTION, with respect to the original trilogy and canon and everything.

Once again, I'm just so happy with how this ended. Holy crap.

STAR WARS IS BACK, BABY.

• Like 2