Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Just now, Ketchup said:

I’ll be very mad if we trade CM3. 

I mean, Kizer almost beat us. Judging dude on last year is silly I think. Much better to look at him as a prospect then anything he did on that terrible team with an a hole of a head coach. I hate the move but trying to see the silver lining. 

Isn't Hundley judged on last year?  Can someone objectively look at those 2 players and say that Kiezer is that HUGE of an upgrade that is worth our best CB?  

Like I  said earlier.  Cleveland just turned their trash into a starting CB.  I want to hear GB put lipstick on this pig bessie it is as bad and lopsided of a trade as I've seen in the NFL in a long long time.  

16 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I may be in the minority here but I really like this move.

Kizer is the best QB prospect we've had on the team since Rodgers was drafted. I think this is the kind of QB Mac can really turn into something.

Clearly they are not going into the season with King and UDFAs in the backend. They obviously didn't like something going on with Randall and they improved the back-up QB spot much more efficiently then signing Fitzpatrick or McCown or some other junk for 6 million. 

I like it. 

I was gonna come in and say this. I digested on the car ride home and I really liked Kizer as a prospect. The kid was not ready to start and got forced in there with bad skill players around him. Randall was a whiny baby who left the stadium when mile told him to settle down

11 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I ran out of likes.  So many people were getting likes for being upset about us trading Randall.  I have never run out of likes before. 

Trading Cobb would have made sense to me.  Cobb, Nelson, Bulaga, someone that actually wasn't a position of weakness, was old, or would have saved us significant cap space. 

I think I would have rather traded Cobb too, and I really like Cobb. I think it has to be something behind scenes going on here with Randall, it's really all I can think of. Only knock I have on him is he has been inconsistent the past few years. But he has a lot of INTs in his resume. Don't know why they had to get rid of him as he hasn't finished his rookie contract, and if they really didn't want him to start why not just stick him in the slot.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GB CB currently under contract for 2018

Kevin King

Quinten Rollins

Lenzy Pipkins

Josh Hawkins

2 UDFA, 1 coming off Achilles tendon tear (and surgery) 1 coming off shoulder surgery.   Dam...that is a very questionable group.

We're going big at corner in free agency ... just a guess.  Probably snag another on the second day of the draft.  Got to let it play out.  We strike out in free agency at corner and it's fair to go after Gute.  As for this trade today .. the value is there and it makes some sense.  Our season was ruined last year because he had a terrible backup Qb.  Perhaps Kizer will stink it up as well, but there's a good chance his talent wins out in the end.  We'll see.  I wasn't much of a Randall guy .. talented guy, but he was soft.  They must not have thought he was a good fit for the Pettine scheme.  

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I really hate this trade. 

Just traded our best CB for a QB with:

An 0-15 record as a starter

A sub 55% completion percentage (32/32 qulifiers)

A 1:2 TD:INT ratio (50/50 qualifiers)

A TD% of 2.3% (30/32 qualifiers)

A 6.1 Y/A (29/32 qualifiers)

He was a rookie remember. Plus, the talent at WR for the Browns...?

Archived