Broncos Sign QB Case Keenum

elliot878

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

OK let’s define “early”.  I only see 2 WR worth going 2.7 for and that means they will be gone (DJ Moore and Sutton).   

We def need WR - but I’m not looking until Rd 3 for WR.  Several guys I consider at 3.8.  Kirk for sure.  His Combine will make him tumble.   Gallup is more 3.99 / 4.8 range.   By then a whole bunch of guys come into play.  

Cam Meredith or Moncrief in FA, too.  Totally agree WR a need but no way we pick before Rd3 IMO given our current draft assets.  

Better? 

They like James Washington hopefully he's smarter than Henderson they want a wr that moves like an rb.

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

They're  saying trade Keenum after we pick a qb kinda Bradford esque. He agreed to the same Philly deal as Bradford.

We aren’t getting a 1st for Keenum in any future trade.  Bradford got a 1st because it was a week b4 the season began.   And MIN had no options.   And thought they were a qb short of SB contention.  

Thats literally a once in a decade (or 2) set of circumstances.  And that’s before we address how Keenum is seen vs. Bradford then.   

This is as ridiculous as Siemian for a 1st ppl were floating last year b4 the season.  

If we are ever lucky enough to land a QB at 1.5 (because it means someone really good falls) we can talk trade value but realize salary relief will be the primary goal.  

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

We aren’t getting a 1st for Keenum in any future trade.  Bradford got a 1st because it was a week b4 the season began.   And MIN had no options.   And thought they were a qb short of SB contention.  

Thats literally a once in a decade (or 2) set of circumstances.  And that’s before we address how Keenum is seen vs. Bradford then.   

This is as ridiculous as Siemian for a 1st ppl were floating last year b4 the season.  

I get it draft position plays a factor. I floated  out a 3rd. And if he had a line and could keep up his pace. He could of gotten extended. 

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

LMFAO!  Dude hasn't even signed his contract yet, and you all are trading him already.  I can't wait till Pax goes 12-12 in training camp and we anoint him the starter, or state that he has finally made it....oh wait!?

Paxton has been posting a ton of workout videos on Instagram. Maybe getting a glimpse of the ice cold reality of his NFL future has energized him. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

That’s already happening.  And Barkley love.  And Chubb.  

Believe me I thought it was a pipe dream before.   Now it’s possible. 

But how much time between now and the draft ?? Alot can change in the next 5 1/2  weeks

7 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

But how much time between now and the draft ?? Alot can change in the next 5 1/2  weeks

Absolutely.  No argument there.   No one argues the Keenum signing bad if he's just a bridge.  But if he's used as the reason to pass on a rookie QB we would legitimately want, because we signed him though...for me, that's only 2 guys (Rosen/Darnold).   But for others, it's 3 or even 4 guys.   That's the issue.

Edited by Broncofan

18 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

LMFAO!  Dude hasn't even signed his contract yet, and you all are trading him already.  I can't wait till Pax goes 12-12 in training camp and we anoint him the starter, or state that he has finally made it....oh wait!?

lmao i was thinking the same thing actually. 2018 is cold. The level of understanding we have is so much higher than when I joined a decade ago 

4 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Jesse Palmer just said Keenum is day 1 starter.  But, what if Paxton does some sit-ups or something....Keenum's job could be in jeopardy then. 

Or what if Keenum turns out to be the below-average QB he’s been for five of his six pro seasons while Josh Rosen goes on to be an All Pro but we traded with the Bills to draft a ILB and a OG. 

I said Keenum + a QB at 5 would be the worst thing we could do but now I hope that is what we do as long as the QB at 5 is Allen, Darnold or Rosen. I didn’t think we’d actually sign Keenum. 

I think I’m gonna be sick.

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Or what if Keenum turns out to be the below-average QB he’s been for five of his six pro seasons while Josh Rosen goes on to be an All Pro but we traded with the Bills to draft a ILB and a OG. 

I said Keenum + a QB at 5 would be the worst thing we could do but now I hope that is what we do as long as the QB at 5 is Allen, Darnold or Rosen. I didn’t think we’d actually sign Keenum. 

I think I’m gonna be sick.

What are you talking about?  We have Paxton Lynch.  He just needs two more years to develop.  We are good.