The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

We will smash MSU. I’ll be surprised if that offense reaches double digit points against us. 

Statistically, this Buckeye team is the best offense/defense balance in the nation. What a turnaround it’s been, going to Hafley/Mattison on D. 

I'm just worried we're going to have an "Ohio State" game like VaTech and MSU a few years back. This team seems far more complete than those teams but still......

I don't disagree either, just to make that known

Edited by JTagg7754

18 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm just worried we're going to have an "Ohio State" game like VaTech and MSU a few years back. This team seems far more complete than those teams but still......

We quietly are more disciplined, and way more focused on detail than previous years. Based off previous years yes, but I have no reason to be concerned yet. We have been surgical with in all aspects lf the game 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

On 9/30/2019 at 7:02 PM, JTagg7754 said:

This team is more complete, like you said. This team is also the best defense in the nation. They havent beaten a top tier team but im pretty sure Indiana, Nebraska, and Cincy are all top40 teams and they have straight destroyed them.

I also think this is one of the better coaching staffs tOSU has had defensively and offensively together prolly since 2014. They are also playing with a massive chip on their shoulders. So I dont know if I see a VT or MSU type game or even an Iowa or Purdue type game. This team has looked too good through the early parts of the season.

• Like 1

The biggest difference between this team and the teams 2015-2018 is that this offensive line is just filled with maulers.  Big, mean, and nasty.  Reminds me a lot of the 2014 oline that just bullied the supposedly superior Alabama DLine in the semi final.  Each game that passes you see less and less of the inexperience and the unit is really starting to gel together and work as a cohesive entity as opposed to 5 individuals.

We get a bye week after Sparty. Then we play the Friday nighter against Northwestern.

Pound for pound, we are flat out better than Sparty at every position. They will fight hard, but we will smoke them in the 2nd half.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

We get a bye week after Sparty. Then we play the Friday nighter against Northwestern.

Pound for pound, we are flat out better than Sparty at every position. They will fight hard, but we will smoke them in the 2nd half.

Our schedule is pretty brutal for this stretch but while we are the favorite in every game, the placement of each game is in our favor. Getting a bye week after MSU is good to break up the brutal month. We play NW on a Friday but it's after a bye week so there's no short week. That gives us an extra day of rest/prep for Wisconsin also which is a big benefit. First step is tomorrow. MSU will come out swinging but as you eluded to, they just don't have the firepower to keep up w/ us...... "shouldn't" have the firepower to keep up w/ us.

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The biggest difference between this team and the teams 2015-2018 is that this offensive line is just filled with maulers.  Big, mean, and nasty.  Reminds me a lot of the 2014 oline that just bullied the supposedly superior Alabama DLine in the semi final.  Each game that passes you see less and less of the inexperience and the unit is really starting to gel together and work as a cohesive entity as opposed to 5 individuals.

wrong, biggest difference is the coaching staff IMO. We might not have Urbz but the staff Day assembled is better than any staff Urbz assembled at tOSU IMO

34 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Said the same thing as I watching last night. I think UCF is on their 3rd string QB though which obviously played a factor. 

Cincinnati changed their defensive scheme in that game, mostly in terms of the pass rush.  They were all over the place in, moving the line around, 3 man front with a 4th and 5th rusher coming from a variety of places and got tons of pressure.  The CBs reacted extremely well to the football and made plays on the ball because of the pressure, sure helps playing at home though obviously for them.

PS Dillon Gabriel is arguably the best true freshman QB in the nation on UCF.  Kid is legit and will be great on UCF for a long time and at this point in time in his career is a better pro prospect than Milton was, both are from Hawaii.  Also Gabriel Davis is one of the best receivers in the country and Nixon is not that far behind him he can play as well, but they are a young team at a number of position and struggle a little on the road.  Still crazy talented and if the OL could have blocked at all they would have probably won that game.

Will be very interesting how Ohio State looks against Michigan State, probably the best D they will play all year in the regular season.  Ohio State is playing amazing though and is easily a top 4 team in the nation without question, doing great on both sides of the football.  They should be jumping Georgia soon as well in the rankings.  Crazy thing is Chase Young honestly could not be playing any better than he is right now, a sack in every game he has played is insane, easily will be the 1st or 2nd pick in the up coming draft.  

Ok so I wasn’t a huge fan of the Ryan Day hire. But I can’t lie this so far looks to be a far better coached team than I’ve seen in a while. We’re playing up to our potential. I see strategy. I see kids that want to get it done. 

Hopefully if he can recruit we may have an answer to the Saban. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ok so I wasn’t a huge fan of the Ryan Day hire. But I can’t lie this so far looks to be a far better coached team than I’ve seen in a while. We’re playing up to our potential. I see strategy. I see kids that want to get it done. 

Hopefully if he can recruit we may have an answer to the Saban. 

He's cutt throat. He always plays for the TD. I love it.

Heading into the bye undefeated and then have Northwestern. Think we’re safe for a couple weeks and get to see a couple teams go down in some top ten matchups the next couple weeks. 

Not the offensive production we’ve seen every other week but also up against a legitimate top 5 D in CFB tonight. 

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Heading into the bye undefeated and then have Northwestern. Think we’re safe for a couple weeks and get to see a couple teams go down in some top ten matchups the next couple weeks. 

Not the offensive production we’ve seen every other week but also up against a legitimate top 5 D in CFB tonight. 

Imagine 34 points being a disappointment. 😂

We do need to do better moving forward.