Joe Thomas Retiring

TitanLegend

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Based on what exactly?  You literally know none of these people whose personalities you’re describing.

I don't feel like derailing the thread, but it is well document how some individuals, such as those I listed, have their whole lives revolve around their sport. A guy who blows off the NFL draft, for whatever reason, not my argument, but it just seems like he doesn't place his sport in a pedestal above all else. By all indications he had a stronger tie to his community than his sport.

If you want to act like he's the second coming who could do no wrong and so on and so forth, go for it. I'm just calling it how I see it, and I remember watching that draft and thinking as a teenager that it was strange he didn't care to show up at the draft. Wired differently I suppose.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I don't feel like derailing the thread

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

If you want to act like he's the second coming who could do no wrong and so on and so forth, go for it. 

I never said anything of the kind, nor would, as I don’t know him or how he values football, which apparently only makes one of us.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

A guy who blows off the NFL draft, for whatever reason, not my argument, but it just seems like he doesn't place his sport in a pedestal above all else. By all indications he had a stronger tie to his community than his sport.

If that is your argument for a guy not placing his sport on a pedestal, sign me up for more of that.

What kind of argument are you even trying to make here? I'm so confused by your logic.

Best Cleveland Brown ever I think

I remember the story about Joe Thomas meeting a FF guy, Crackburn here years ago before he passed away. It was a really great story. Man that was a while ago.

Joe's a great player and even better guy. I wish him nothing but the best. 

8 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I still remember seeing him getting off the fishing boat to be told he was drafted #3 overall.  Biggest day of his life to that point and he went fishing instead of going to New York.  Lol

that sounds much better than going to new york to have a bunch of cameras faced at you during a probably emotional time imo.

29 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Great career and a great player... Wonder why he didn't want to do it anymore. At least one more season. Best of luck to him though.

How crazy would it be if the Browns have a winning season this year lol

He said he still does want to do it, but said his back and knee won’t let him

Archived