Colts release Hankins

minutemancl

30 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Ballard is a better GM than theyve had in my lifetime

He is a good GM.  Nobody is perfect.   The only really bad decision was going with McDaniels but that’s more on inexperience in coaching circles.  His player evaluations in FA and the draft have been promising. 

And before ppl criticize this decision - Hankins has zero dead money.  And the Colts are changing scheme for which he’s not nearly as good a fit.  

The Colts aren’t contenders.  The $ is a waste if he’s a bad fit.   Ideally you’d like to see a trade but his $ probably prevents a good return.   

Given the scheme change I get it.  It’s not popular but I get it. 

5 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Chargers need to be all over this.  He is 25 and fills a position of need. It also gives them more options in the draft. 

Absolutely.   A 4-3 run stuffing DT with inside pressure skills on pass downs and young?  They should be all over that. It’s their top need on D.  At 17 they could then upgrade T or off ball LB off the BPA list.  

26 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Absolutely.   A 4-3 run stuffing DT with inside pressure skills on pass downs and young?  They should be all over that. It’s their top need on D.  At 17 they could then upgrade T or off ball LB off the BPA list.  

I wouldn't even be upset if they signed Hankins and still drafted a DL with one of their first three picks. This is what makes Philly so good, they are stacked on the defensive line. 

Archived