Colts release Hankins

minutemancl

4 hours ago, bzane said:

Gosh, @Gmen- do you think they would, with Tomlinson already in place, on a rookie contract?

Tomlinson projects to a DE in the 3-4. I could see Hankins playing well on the other side. He's stout and a very good interior pass-rusher. Tomlinson/Snacks/Hankins would make for a pretty nasty front 3.

This is the guy the Falcons need to quit playing around with and go after to replace Poe.  He is a great fit for our 4-3 NT position and considering we only have 1 DT on the entire fricken roster we need one badly.   Even if we draft 2 in the 1st 3 rounds that still only gives us 3 DT's and imo we need a good Vet to go along with those guys next to Grady to rotate with him.

Which means we won't even talk to him pretty much this is a very disappointing offseason for the Falcons so far we lost alot of good players and only brought in 1 avg to above avg when healthy OG :(

12 hours ago, bzane said:

Gosh, @Gmen- do you think they would, with Tomlinson already in place, on a rookie contract?

And also running a 3-4 scheme now,  wasn't  the main reason Hankins was released was because of a difference in schemes? 

Hankins was a good Giant, I wish him well. I just hope he does not  go to a team in the NFC East.

Archived