CB Tramon Williams returning to GB - 2yr deal

deltarich87

18 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I like Tramon.  But he didn't look good a few years ago when he departed.  I hope Pettine can squeeze whatever is left out of him.

that was a long time ago & he wasn't very healthy then... Tramon has looked every bit of a starting corner the last 2 years. & thats likely the Tramon we can expect 

Tramon played quite well last year, and I think he was mostly healthy. Whether another year of aging has eroded his skills remains to be seen. But at the least he’s a good locker room guy and he’ll definitely be a positive influence on these young CBs. I’d think he’d command only a modest contract as well, at this point in his career.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Highly doubt that's a "peak" value rather than a base value.

still, I was expecting a 2, 2.5 mil/year type deal.  Let's say the 5 is overblown and it's more like 4.  

Scandrick got 3.5,  Patrick Robinson got 5.  I'd expect he's in the scandrick range.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

still, I was expecting a 2, 2.5 mil/year type deal.  Let's say the 5 is overblown and it's more like 4.  

Scandrick got 3.5,  Patrick Robinson got 5.  I'd expect he's in the scandrick range.

Until we know the incentives vs salary/bonus side of it, there's no point comparing it to anyone.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You don't pay for past accomplishments though.

I have no problems with this if it's highly incentive based. 

But when a guy signs for peanuts and then has a really good year, you're generally gonna have to give him a few more peanuts the next time.

Archived