CB Tramon Williams returning to GB - 2yr deal

deltarich87

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So who's gonna bump the thread when he left of everybody calling him old and washed up?

We're sure we're getting the Tramon Williams of 2017 and not the Tramon Williams of 2014-2016? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we signed somebody, but let's not act like this is a sure thing. 

I don't think anybody here thinks it's a sure thing. There's always risk no matter what free agent you sign or draft pick you make. 

I'm only excited about it because I assume Williams is going to be here more for depth than being a starter.  If he's our starter, I'll be disapinted.  I just didn't want another season of Hawkins or Gunter as our starters at the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm only excited about it because I assume Williams is going to be here more for depth than being a starter.  If he's our starter, I'll be disapinted.  I just didn't want another season of Hawkins or Gunter as our starters at the end of the season. 

Agree.  Biggest benefit of Tramon will be teaching and mentoring the young guys.  Pass down his knowledge to the young bucks.  Think Cwood was the guy who helped Tramon and Shields.  Be nice to pass that down.  I don't know what Tramon has left guess we'll find out.  Possible he starts the season before a rook takes over.  

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Agree.  Biggest benefit of Tramon will be teaching and mentoring the young guys.  Pass down his knowledge to the young bucks.  Think Cwood was the guy who helped Tramon and Shields.  Be nice to pass that down.  I don't know what Tramon has left guess we'll find out.  Possible he starts the season before a rook takes over.  

He played well last year - and got plenty of targets being the CB opposite Patrick Peterson.

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So who's gonna bump the thread when he left of everybody calling him old and washed up?

We're sure we're getting the Tramon Williams of 2017 and not the Tramon Williams of 2014-2016? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we signed somebody, but let's not act like this is a sure thing. 

That's my feeling.  In press man coverage, I  don't think he's any better than anything we've got.  Rollins, as a rookie, was a substantially better player while they were on the same roster, not sure how anything has changed.  Williams is a bottom of the roster caliber player that offers nothing on ST and is taking up a pretty valuable roster spot.  I can't ignore how awful Williams was in his last year in Green Bay and while in Cleveland.  Since 2014, he's shown that he's terrible when he's required to be up on a WR. Last year he had success becasue he was able to play 10 or 15 yards off the WR which IMO is something he is going to require with the severe drop off in athletism.  

IMO, if Tramon wasn't a past Packer, this signing wouldn't be the massive celebration that it is currently.

56 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think we brought him in to play as a starter unless a rookie comes in and balls. I'm fine with either a starter or backup role at this point.  Don't think he'll be abused

People getting excited over a washed up, over the hill CB tells you how desperate we are at the position. This is a complete head scratcher of a move in my opinion. I'd prefer House and roll with the younger guys. I just do not expect much from him this year at all. I'll be he's released before the end of the year. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

People getting excited over a washed up, over the hill CB tells you how desperate we are at the position. This is a complete head scratcher of a move in my opinion. I'd prefer House and roll with the younger guys. I just do not expect much from him this year at all. I'll be he's released before the end of the year. 

You didn't watch Tramon Williams play a single snap last year. 

Archived