CB Tramon Williams returning to GB - 2yr deal

deltarich87

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Oh my God, Gute just gave me 10 million reasons to ask why and how.  This signing went from, "Makes sense, but not enough," to "Makes no sense, too much," in a hurry. 

No, he didn't. Just pump the breaks and wait to see the contract details.

tumblr_lvt2klDywe1qbrgydo1_500.png

13 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Oh my God, Gute just gave me 10 million reasons to ask why and how.  This signing went from, "Makes sense, but not enough," to "Makes no sense, too much," in a hurry. 

I'll be shocked if it's something other than basically a 1-year deal with a low 2018 cap number mixed in with incentives and bonuses going into year 2. That's our typical way of doing business with these types of moves. 

even if Tramon only gives us 75% of how he played last year, hes still worth the deal... & its likely only a 1 year & we'll see kinda contract based on the probable guarantee

too many people worrying about this signing based on seeing the '10 mill' number

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Also remember the first numbers out are from agents trying to make the deal look better than it is.

37 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Expected 3.5 to 4. Kinda splitting hairs at this point.

Could end up being like that. Packers' M.O. would be a hard-to-earn second year and as pro bowl etc. bonuses. Standard ~30% guaranteed would be about 3M signing bonus plus 1M vet minimum first year base salary, then some incentives. Could be a lower signing bonus in this case due to age. 

21 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Seems if you ask any Cardinals fan they'll all say he was a solid number two last year. So...?

...and they've blown up their secondary with the exception of Patrick Peterson.

33 minutes ago, Csraverage said:

Until we trade a draft pick + Bulaga to fill the spot they have by trading away Veldheer (we're just gonna pretend that DJ Humphries doesn't exit).

...and what does that have to do with signing an over-the-hill CB that we released three years ago because he was expendable? 

Who cares about Arizona's situation?

Archived