CB Tramon Williams returning to GB - 2yr deal

deltarich87

37 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

If the idea is so we can have two slot guys and we have Jimmy Graham. I mean okay it's interesting. Still think the staff views him as an outside candidate while the rest of the world is focused on how he he was playing elsewhere. He's not built in any way that should limit him to slot only imo

Jimmy could line up outside.  

I imagine he will play like Jermichael.  All over the field.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Tramon was the guy who followed around the #2 boundary guy. Most games last year had him covering the other team's #3 WR. I really hope the expectation isn't that he's going to be our #1

King will be our number 1 going into camp imo, his job to lose for now.

6 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Graham                           Bakhtiari-Taylor-Linsley-Murphy?-Bulaga                      Cobb      Matthews      Adams

and 

Graham     Cobb                      Bakhtiari-Taylor-Linsley-Murphy?-Bulaga              Matthews      Adams

Are both interesting spread concepts that could carry a lot of reps in 2018

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

King will be our number 1 going into camp imo, his job to lose for now.

Hate to say it, but I have high hopes for him. He has the physical size to matchup to taller receivers, but he has the speed and ball skills to stay with them and make a play on the ball.We could only hope he improves on what little he was able to show us before getting injured like half our starters and then we could find a suitable player to put across from him...

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Graham                           Bakhtiari-Taylor-Linsley-Murphy?-Bulaga                      Cobb      Matthews      Adams

and 

Graham     Cobb                      Bakhtiari-Taylor-Linsley-Murphy?-Bulaga              Matthews      Adams

Are both interesting spread concepts that could carry a lot of reps in 2018

I like those formations, except he'd obviously be inside more often than outside. ;)

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I like those formations, except he'd obviously be inside more often than outside. ;)

I don't think that's a safe assumption to make. 

TEs are playing a lot of reps on the boundaries these days. Stresses the hell out of defenses. 

A group of Adams-Graham-Cobb-Matthews has two obvious fits on the outside. 

21 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Yeah I was thinking that just as I posted. I don't have or love that. Seemingly would be fine. Just don't get why you'd go out and go after a second slot only guy if that's all you think he is right now

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

Idk about that but I can say that his career is the tale of two cities, he played faster than his timed 40(which I questioned from day 1 given his burst as a RS), but after having to wear that straightjacket-esque thing after his shoulder injury, he just wasn't the same. It's like he couldn't shed the limitations that said apparatus had on him once he was able to physically get rid of it. 

Seems if you ask any Cardinals fan they'll all say he was a solid number two last year. So...?

Tramon left GB looking pretty bad. Went on to play pretty well for a couple other teams.

Dom Capers. I’m just gonna enjoy this offseason and tell myself that our defense the past few seasons was all that mans fault. You guys don’t know what we have in Herb Waters. 

17 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Tramon left GB looking pretty bad. Went on to play pretty well for a couple other teams.

Dom Capers. I’m just gonna enjoy this offseason and tell myself that our defense the past few seasons was all that mans fault. You guys don’t know what we have in Herb Waters. 

Tramon did not play very well for the Browns. He was middling to miserable across two seasons. 

I don't think that anyone expects Tramon to be a #1 corner.  He's depth.  Plain and simple.  And you know what?  That dumpster fire that is the cornerback position in GB needs competition and depth.  When your longest tenured player back there is Goodsen, that is pretty horrible.  Tramon adds the veteran leadership that will be needed.  Hopefully he can act a little like another coach as he's been there and done that.  And...if younger kids do not step up, he will play.

Good thing we have a young up and coming kid in King that can matchup with the other teams best WR...I like Tramon on the "other" guy.

I like the move, I'll like the next move we make at corner too, assuming we pluck another veteran from free agency at some time and get them in that position group.  That thing needs as much help as it can get.

Archived