CB Tramon Williams returning to GB - 2yr deal

deltarich87

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I'm willing to ignore it considering the situations he was in. Hayward and Hyde showed that, once you get out of Capers' garbage system, you can thrive. Then, he went to the Browns, where every DB goes to die. 

Pettine, unlike Capers, seems like the type that will fit his players and not go 100% based on his scheme. I'm willing to give it a shot and see if Tramon's got magic left. There's no harm in this signing whatsoever.

Hayward couldn't stay healthy and Hyde was moved to S in Buffalo where he wouldn't have played here. They both got a solid number of INTs here too.

32 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Interesting

If the idea is so we can have two slot guys and we have Jimmy Graham. I mean okay it's interesting. Still think the staff views him as an outside candidate while the rest of the world is focused on how he he was playing elsewhere. He's not built in any way that should limit him to slot only imo

I'm sorry, but this signing is a nostalgic and smacks of desperation if you ask me. Our issues at CB deal almost solely with a lack of speed and Tramon certainly can't give us that. He was constantly burnt the last 5 years he was with us with the crown of his devolution being the TD he allowed in OT against the Seahawks back in 2014. Good God I hope he isn't our starter. It was bad enough we didn't cut him after 2011 when he became an incredible liability after his shoulder injury, but to bring him back, again, smacks of desperation and panic. Terrible signing. God help us...

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm sorry, but this signing is a nostalgic and smacks of desperation if you ask me. Our issues at CB deal almost solely with a lack of speed and Tramon certainly can't give us that. He was constantly burnt the last 5 years he was with us with the crown of his devolution being the TD he allowed in OT against the Seahawks back in 2014. Good God I hope he isn't our starter. It was bad enough we didn't cut him after 2011 when he became an incredible liability after his shoulder injury, but to bring him back, again, smacks of desperation and panic. Terrible signing. God help us...

Would you... Would you call him...a slowpoke?

Is this the ******* slowpoke guy??!!

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Would you... Would you call him...a slowpoke?

Is this the ******* slowpoke guy??!!

Idk about that but I can say that his career is the tale of two cities, he played faster than his timed 40(which I questioned from day 1 given his burst as a RS), but after having to wear that straightjacket-esque thing after his shoulder injury, he just wasn't the same. It's like he couldn't shed the limitations that said apparatus had on him once he was able to physically get rid of it. 

Archived