Say hello to the Titans new uniforms

RaidersAreOne

On 4/8/2018 at 6:09 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Ehh, the navy blue is overused by so many teams in all sports that it makes the Titans new jerseys not look original. Its literally the exact same thing that happened and what I felt with the Denver Nuggets new uniforms. They went from white/baby blue/yellow to drowning everything in navy blue and basically eliminating the baby blue which made their colors somewhat unique/different. Now their uniforms just look generic and blend in with everything else. The Titans new uniforms did the same thing IMO. But I guess its personal preference. 

I like different colors that not every team has like the Seahawks lime green, Vikings purple, Saints gold, ect

Not that they couldnt have used navy blue, but have it be less dominant so they other unique colors like red/baby blue stand out to give the uniform some more personality.

Yep this x 100

When Shad Khan took over, they removed the "teal" from uniforms because the Jaguars (ahem Nike) noted that its difficult to get the same shade of Teal. Which is true, I've definitely seen variances of teal show up, especially as materials change from jerseys, hats, shirts, polos, blankets, etc. So they took it out and went with "Black and gold" as our primary. Now, they realize (from fans really, and thankfully Tom Coughlin)...teal is the Jaguars identity. People who weren't big football fans see me wearing a teal polo shirt at work on a Friday, and its a conversation starter "hey do the Jaguars play at home this weekend? Where are they playing?" etc...

I travel to different states for work, I people watch, and I see someone wearing something teal and I double-take "wonder if that's Jaguars teal". I've had conversations in DC, Vegas, LA, Dallas that started from either me or them "seeing teal".

Sure, occasionally people mistake the shade to Carolina blue or Dolphins aqua, but it sure has heck beats the generic black. 

I like the jerseys, although there's not much change.

The helmets are unimpressive, and appear to have been an afterthought, sadly. 

As is the case with most of these uniform changes, they probably should have just left it alone....

48 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Call me crazy, but I never saw an issue with the Jags uniforms besides maybe the helmet. I actually thought they were sweet.

They were solid but I like this look much more. I dig the clean look though.

All black, gloss helmets. Teal primaries. All in on these.

On 4/8/2018 at 3:09 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Ehh, the navy blue is overused by so many teams in all sports that it makes the Titans new jerseys not look original. Its literally the exact same thing that happened and what I felt with the Denver Nuggets new uniforms. They went from white/baby blue/yellow to drowning everything in navy blue and basically eliminating the baby blue which made their colors somewhat unique/different. Now their uniforms just look generic and blend in with everything else. The Titans new uniforms did the same thing IMO. But I guess its personal preference. 

I like different colors that not every team has like the Seahawks lime green, Vikings purple, Saints gold, ect

Not that they couldnt have used navy blue, but have it be less dominant so they other unique colors like red/baby blue stand out to give the uniform some more personality.

There's  7 blue  helmets in the NFL  now.  And these 3 teams to change uni's, Jags,Dolphins,Titans, are all the light blue/teal variety. 

1 hour ago, tribar said:

Jags uniforms look nice. Less is more. Unfortunately they opted to learn this message the hard way. 

Lol no one learned anything. They knew full well the uni's/helmet   sucked when they did them. It's  all premeditated, so you waste time talking about trivial junk.....sports uniforms. They don't  need to make them look good because  the league knows  they won't let them get to any SB anyway. They ugly up and experiment with the less important teams. 

Archived