Say hello to the Titans new uniforms

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, titans0021 said:

What you described is legitimately what my greatest fear was. Far, far prefer the navy to the baby blue. 

Ehh, the navy blue is overused by so many teams in all sports that it makes the Titans new jerseys not look original. Its literally the exact same thing that happened and what I felt with the Denver Nuggets new uniforms. They went from white/baby blue/yellow to drowning everything in navy blue and basically eliminating the baby blue which made their colors somewhat unique/different. Now their uniforms just look generic and blend in with everything else. The Titans new uniforms did the same thing IMO. But I guess its personal preference. 

I like different colors that not every team has like the Seahawks lime green, Vikings purple, Saints gold, ect

Not that they couldnt have used navy blue, but have it be less dominant so they other unique colors like red/baby blue stand out to give the uniform some more personality.

On 4/7/2018 at 4:36 PM, biletnikoff said:

nfl net studio on tv yesterday. I thought it was a good shot of blue under studio lights.

I like the blue but the uniform over all is not anything to be impressed by

x6xNDeXf_o.jpgszv9LnxI_o.jpg

Dunno if it's the lighting but that looks far better imo.

Can't wait til the season kicks off to see how they look. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ehh, the navy blue is overused by so many teams in all sports that it makes the Titans new jerseys not look original. Its literally the exact same thing that happened and what I felt with the Denver Nuggets new uniforms. They went from white/baby blue/yellow to drowning everything in navy blue and basically eliminating the baby blue which made their colors somewhat unique/different. Now their uniforms just look generic and blend in with everything else. The Titans new uniforms did the same thing IMO. But I guess its personal preference. 

I like different colors that not every team has like the Seahawks lime green, Vikings purple, Saints gold, ect

Not that they couldnt have used navy blue, but have it be less dominant so they other unique colors like red/baby blue stand out to give the uniform some more personality.

Part of it, at least for me, is that I'm an adult that still likes to wear jerseys from time to time. And if they went way out of the box, with flashier colors, it's really, really unlikely I would ever have purchased/worn one. I like it relatively simple, which is kind of what the new uniforms are. Still feel like they're different enough to the point where they aren't super generic (font and shoulders aren't necessarily similar to other teams), but not different enough that I simply wouldn't wear one going out.

In the end, it definitely comes down to taste. I was looking to avoid going ultra flashy or different with them and have always preferred the dark blue to the light blue. I was real, real happy the year they transitioned back to the navy jerseys being their primary home uniform. Basically, if I was an outsider, I'd probably like the more unique jersey concepts. But, as a fan of the team that will purchase and wear apparel of said team, I'd prefer to keep it in darker colors. It also helps that by sticking to primarily navy, they haven't rendered all of my current Titans gear obsolete haha.

So, people are liking these things?  I'm legitimately shocked to see a positive reaction to these uniforms.

I think i'm just getting old or something.  I feel completely out of touch with what a lot of people "like" aesthetically in a football uniform these days.  I'm still really nervous for what the Jaguars new "classic" uniform is going to be.

19 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Part of it, at least for me, is that I'm an adult that still likes to wear jerseys from time to time. And if they went way out of the box, with flashier colors, it's really, really unlikely I would ever have purchased/worn one. I like it relatively simple, which is kind of what the new uniforms are. Still feel like they're different enough to the point where they aren't super generic (font and shoulders aren't necessarily similar to other teams), but not different enough that I simply wouldn't wear one going out.

In the end, it definitely comes down to taste. I was looking to avoid going ultra flashy or different with them and have always preferred the dark blue to the light blue. I was real, real happy the year they transitioned back to the navy jerseys being their primary home uniform. Basically, if I was an outsider, I'd probably like the more unique jersey concepts. But, as a fan of the team that will purchase and wear apparel of said team, I'd prefer to keep it in darker colors. It also helps that by sticking to primarily navy, they haven't rendered all of my current Titans gear obsolete haha.

I get that for the everyday fashion sense. Im a Browns fan and hardly own anything just because orange is such a difficult color to wear with anything. If I do find anything for the Browns it has to be a neutral gray shirt or hoodie with the elf logo on it or something--an all Brown or Orange shirt/hoodie is.....difficult haha.

I definitely get liking the dark blue from a fan apparel wearing standpoint

23 hours ago, Tugboat said:

So, people are liking these things?  I'm legitimately shocked to see a positive reaction to these uniforms.

I think i'm just getting old or something.  I feel completely out of touch with what a lot of people "like" aesthetically in a football uniform these days.  I'm still really nervous for what the Jaguars new "classic" uniform is going to be.

I'll sum it up for ya. Our young generation has just been overloaded with media stimulus since we were kids.

For us less is more, it's soothing to see minimal and simple designs.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'll sum it up for ya. Our young generation has just been overloaded with media stimulus since we were kids.

For us less is more, it's soothing to see minimal and simple designs.

That's not really minimal and simple though, is it?  At least, not done well...

I hope that's not what the Jaguars have in mind for "classic" or simple or whatever.

The angular/tapering stripe on the shoulders/sleeves clashes with the block font.  I also don't imagine referees or television commentators are going to be keen on the placement of the sleeve numbers if the photo above of Orakpo is accurate (they'd be on the tops of the shoulders rather than viewable from the profile/side).  Could lead to a lot of confusion.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

The angular/tapering stripe on the shoulders/sleeves clashes with the block font.  I also don't imagine referees or television commentators are going to be keen on the placement of the sleeve numbers if the photo above of Orakpo is accurate (they'd be on the tops of the shoulders rather than viewable from the profile/side).  Could lead to a lot of confusion.

I'm not sure where you think they were before... Or where you think most (not all) NFL jerseys have them at now...

A couple other angles of the unis...

I still believe they dropped the ball on the logo... Adopting the sword all the way through would have been the way to go... And the tail on the numbers is also bleh... But overall, its a win... 

This is the logo they definitely should have gone with on the helmet...

Navy blue helmet doesn't look bad. What I have a problem with is now the predominant colors are navy blue, silver, and gray which is really bland to look at.

the Texans are already predominantly navy with navy helmets. way to look just like another team in your division--looking at you browns and bengals.

Plus why do so many teams have so many colors now. Navy blue, light blue, gray, silver, red, white just pick like three colors and stick with them.

On 4/8/2018 at 9:46 PM, Tugboat said:

People are sheep and like what ever told to like ,or what ever is trendy,..or theyll feel alienated. The helmets blue color is ok but it's  bland and unimaginative  otherwise. Youre absolutely  right,it sucks.

Archived