Predict The Pick v.2 - 8 - Bears

Texas_OutLaw7

Who should the Bears Draft with the 8th overall pick?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bears Draft with the 8th overall pick?

• Lamar Jackson - QB - Louisville
    • Josh Allen - QB - Wyoming
    • Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma
    • Derrius Guice - RB - LSU
    • DJ Moore - WR - Maryland
    • Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama
    • Mike McGlinchey - OL - Notre Dame
    • Kolton Miller - OL - UCLA
    • Isaiah Wynn - OL - Georgia
    • Vita Vea - DT - Washington
    • Maurice Hurst - DT - Michigan
    • Harold Landry - EDGE - Boston College
    • Marcus Davenport - EDGE - UTSA
    • Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech
    • Roquan Smith - LB - Georgia
    • Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Boise State
    • Jaire Alexander - CB - Louisville
    • Denzel Ward - CB - Ohio State
    • Josh Jackson - CB - Iowa
    • Other (Please explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2018 at 12:16 AM

This is the second version of this we will be doing now that must of the Free Agency Dust has settled. Like before, here are the rules:

• I will invite some posters to help sway the vote. 
  • In the event of a tie, posts will help decide.
  • Runoffs are solely at my discretion.
  • Votes will last for roughly 24 hours (longer for weekend).
  • No. Trades. You stay at this pick.

Our Draft So Far...

1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold - QB - USC
  2. New York Giants - Saquon Barkley - RB - Penn State
  3. New York Jets - Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA
  4. Cleveland Browns - Bradley Chubb - EDGE - NC State
  5. Denver Broncos - Quenton Nelson - OL - Notre Dame
  6. Indianapolis Colts - Minkah Fitzpatrick - DB - Alabama
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derwin James - Safety - Florida State
  8. Chicago Bears
  9. San Francisco 49ers
  10. Oakland Raiders
  11. Miami Dolphins
  12. Buffalo Bills
  13. Washington Redskins
  14. Green Bay Packers
  15. Arizona Cardinals
  16. Baltimore Ravens
  17. LA Chargers
  18. Seattle Seahawks
  19. Dallas Cowboys

Davenport. More of a pure pass rusher than Floyd. The combination of the two makes that defense jump from good, to dangerous. 

(I still think that Nelson ends up being there at #8, and is the Bears pick, though.) 

No trades huh?  I guess you see who people think top prospects are.

I think Giants are waiting until Browns pick or announce their pick, then they will choose a QB (depending on if Browns took their guy) or trade.  Small chance in my mind they stay and take Barkley if they can get multiple high picks or their future franchise QB with Manning at end of his rope.  Giants don't seem like they are one player from a SB run though they would be much improved instantly.    

But if forced to choose by an act of God, I think they would take Barkley like fans said.

If Bears are forced to choose at 8, I think you take the potential HOF player in Edmunds for value and ceiling.  Downside is probably won't be that good in 2018 and ILB is not a high valued position.

I think most Bears fans from reading the board would prefer to trade down and take the position of need in either Davenport or Landry (not a lot of agreement on which is better) whoever was available and gain another pick in 3rd.  

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

No trades huh?  I guess you see who people think top prospects are.

I think Giants are waiting until Browns pick or announce their pick, then they will choose a QB (depending on if Browns took their guy) or trade.  Small chance in my mind they stay and take Barkley if they can get multiple high picks or their future franchise QB with Manning at end of his rope.  Giants don't seem like they are one player from a SB run though they would be much improved instantly.    

But if forced to choose by an act of God, I think they would take Barkley like fans said.

If Bears are forced to choose at 8, I think you take the potential HOF player in Edmunds for value and ceiling.  Downside is probably won't be that good in 2018 and ILB is not a high valued position.

I think most Bears fans from reading the board would prefer to trade down and take the position of need in either Davenport or Landry (not a lot of agreement on which is better) whoever was available and gain another pick in 3rd.  

Edmunds would be the ideal pick in that D. Ball skills, speed, aggressiveness, and ability in pursuit is what Vic Fangio defenses have historically made great use of inside in the scheme. His front is all designed to keep inside backers clean while the edge backers may deal with more tackle blocking than other 34 sets. But it is designed that way for the combo rushes and the masking of the 4th rusher which is a very unconventional 34 design in that it is only 50% of the time an OLB, and usually an inside guy sharing the rush burdens.

Furthering this, playing that tight with the 3 linemen allows those inside backers to hunt the football. Something Edmunds does well. In the that scheme, Edmunds will be an instant star.

Archived