LAST MINUTE BAKER BOAT

mistakey

I’ve been a Browns fan for 29 years (if a baby can be a fan.). It’s not right that a guy that’s been GM of the Browns for several months and no previous allegiance to the Browns has the power to come in and not take the obvious best pick. I’m still refusing to believe it.

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

There isn't one voice left in the media in NFL circles that has us going Darnold...

No one believed me, but those holding out hope for Darnold need to abandon that right now... and just hope for the best...

"All that time he believed - he believed that God would not require Isaac of him, whereas he was willing nevertheless to sacrifice him if it was required. He believed by virtue of the absurd; for there could be no question of human calculation, and it was indeed the absurd that God who required it of him should the next instant recall the requirement. He climbed the mountain, even at the instant when the knife glittered he believed ... that God would not require Isaac. He was indeed astonished at the outcome, but by a double-movement he had reached his first position, and therefore he received Isaac more gladly than the first time. Let us go further. We let Isaac be really sacrificed. Abraham believed. He did not believe that some day he would be blessed in the beyond, but that he would be happy here in the world. God could give him a new Isaac, could recall to life him who had been sacrificed. He believed by virtue of the absurd; for all human reckoning had long since ceased to function."

220px-Kierkegaard.jpg

All this baker talk... I'm going to be serious for a moment:

1 - Kid has talent and is a skilled player. I never said he didn't. Great College QB. BUT

2 - Kid is a kid. His immaturity scares me. Running from the cops? OVI? Arrogant behaviors? Flipping off fans? These are things that remind me of Manziel. He was too immature to be a Pro QB. Puts a pit in my stomach. If we were picking #4 and he was there, maybe I say go with him. BUT we have the #1 overall pick. No other QB in the top of this draft has this type of background. Why are we welcoming it? 

3 - His size. I do not like short QBs. How many short QBs are there currently starting in this league vs taller QBs? Brees and Wilson, what about past them? 

I cannot support picking Mayfield. If they do pick him, I cannot support Dorsey then. It'll be back to rebuild in 2 seasons. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

17 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Hell no... F-Dorsey....F-McCloughan....F-Haslam....F-Mayfield.... F- rationalizing that he's better than Darnold...

I'm done with these idiots... it was so simple... all they had to do was take the best QB since Andrew Luck... they didn't

I'm out...

Darnold is going to the HOF and will be a top 4 QB in 3 years...

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Do I need to make yall another Assure thread??!

It’s Baker bro.

Josina Anderson said she asked Dorsey about how to assess risk and avoid Manziel situations.

He said every man deserves a second chance if they show ‘a degree of humility’.

The exact phrase I notice he used to describe Baker a while back.

It’s Baker. @Mind Character was right all along whilst everyone trashed him.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

It’s Baker bro.

Josina Anderson said she asked Dorsey about how to assess risk and avoid Manziel situations.

He said every man deserves a second chance if they show ‘a degree of humility’.

The exact phrase I notice he used to describe Baker a while back.

Or... it could just be his stock answer for such a question..

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

It’s Baker. @Mind Character was right all along whilst everyone trashed him.

No one trashed him for his opinion, they trashed him for beating a dead horse....for months....in a manic panic.

39 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

"All that time he believed - he believed that God would not require Isaac of him, whereas he was willing nevertheless to sacrifice him if it was required. He believed by virtue of the absurd; for there could be no question of human calculation, and it was indeed the absurd that God who required it of him should the next instant recall the requirement. He climbed the mountain, even at the instant when the knife glittered he believed ... that God would not require Isaac. He was indeed astonished at the outcome, but by a double-movement he had reached his first position, and therefore he received Isaac more gladly than the first time. Let us go further. We let Isaac be really sacrificed. Abraham believed. He did not believe that some day he would be blessed in the beyond, but that he would be happy here in the world. God could give him a new Isaac, could recall to life him who had been sacrificed. He believed by virtue of the absurd; for all human reckoning had long since ceased to function."

220px-Kierkegaard.jpg

That’s my avatar on steam lol

fear & trembling <3

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or... it could just be his stock answer for such a question..

No one trashed him for his opinion, they trashed him for beating a dead horse....for months....in a manic panic.

He made draft season unbearable. 

Quoting himself incessantly about Mayfield in his 25 threads about him.....

23 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He made draft season unbearable. 

Quoting himself incessantly about Mayfield in his 25 threads about him.....

Why cry about it... when you could've just put me on the ignore list...

Unbearable... I think I posted some good content, good analysis, and tried to alert people on the coming Baker reality through my poor not funny comedic style..

Of course, there were long, nonquality posts... I'm me after all...

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like mind, and I won’t bash him, but there might be some truth in there.

I'm here to entertain myself in sh***y sports town... I do what I do mostly in fun and to pass the time... just look past my posts like most usually do...

I had to cope with the info of Mayfield as best as I could... the way I could... as it drove me crazy to see everyone so sure it was Darnold when I knew better...

It's all good though b/c I won't be around the Forum as much now that King Darnold of San Clemente is but a distant dream lost to time...

59 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

giphy.gifgiphy.giftenor.gif

Come on FGK. Keep your heart on lock down for like... Seven more hours. KEEP IT TOGETHER MAN!!!!

I'm happy that you're happy... congrats man...

But How you could genuinely feel like this (no need to rehash our debates again)... when Darnold has the film he has and Baker the film he has...and I see their film the way I see their film... it just breaks my heart and confuses the hell out of me how so many people can see it like you do.... and why I see it the way I do...

It's an all-time puzzle... I'm devastated as sports fan... it's wild crazy to see others gleeful regarding the same outcome...

The good news and solace that I cling to is that we may have a team that can sustain any miss on a QB1... if we hit with our other picks and continue to do well in free agency... we could be headed toward winning either way...

Just now, Mind Character said:

I'm here to entertain myself in sh***y sports town...

Ah, other than those Cavs gunning for a 4th straight finals, the Tribe in the World Series 18 months ago and the UFC HW Champ, you’re entirely correct.

I do what I do mostly in fun and to pass the time... just look past my posts like most usually do...

Cool, but why just rant to a bunch of folks who you think aren’t paying you any attention?  And why respond when they say you post like a maniac if you don’t care?  Take you own advice perhaps..idk...

I had to cope with the info of Mayfield as best as I could... the way I could... as it drove me crazy to see everyone so sure it was Darnold when I knew better...

Cope with a draft pick?  FFS snowflake buck up lol ? If you need to cope with a draft pick for a team you have no control over perhaps you need a new hobby. 

Youre a cool guy, but the straight jacket and geodan routine is tedious to some.

Archived