Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

The league and the players Union are heading for war over fully guaranteed contracts. Todd Gurley all but said it. The players want NBA style contracts, but huge, fully guaranteed contracts are a tough proposition in a brutal, injury plagued sport.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Most first-round contracts are fully guaranteed for all four years. Where offset language comes into play, where teams want to get money back if they release a player and they get picked up, that they want some of their money back. But every where I see is that a majority of 1st rd picks are guaranteed 

I must've missed the English lesson where "a majority" was the same as "all." Which was your original statement. And offset language, if worded correctly, CAN allow the team to recoup salary if the player is released period, or if they are suspended, injured, etc. not just if they are released and then sign elsewhere. "Offset language" is a very nebulous term that describes a wide range of possible contractual variants.

14 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I must've missed the English lesson where "a majority" was the same as "all." Which was your original statement. And offset language, if worded correctly, CAN allow the team to recoup salary if the player is released period, or if they are suspended, injured, etc. not just if they are released and then sign elsewhere. "Offset language" is a very nebulous term that describes a wide range of possible contractual variants.

Sorry I was tying to correct myself. Being shocked that Barkley’s contract is full guaranteed shouldn’t be as much of a shock as you think since some many 1st rd deals are fully guaranteed

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Sorry I was tying to correct myself. Being shocked that Barkley’s contract is full guaranteed shouldn’t be as much of a shock as you think since some many 1st rd deals are fully guaranteed

Oh for sure. And honestly, the FO for the NYG definitely doesn't seem to be the kind to try and find every little angle to protect themselves/game the system. (I am implying that Dave Gettleman is duuuuuumb.)

10 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Oh for sure. And honestly, the FO for the NYG definitely doesn't seem to be the kind to try and find every little angle to protect themselves/game the system. (I am implying that Dave Gettleman is duuuuuumb.)

Well he just drafted a RB at 2 with a 37 yo QB so I can’t hardly argue with that.

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well he just drafted a RB at 2 with a 37 yo QB so I can’t hardly argue with that.

omg, living in NY and surrounded by penn state fans (my fiance's BFF just married a nittany lion fan), i am in the extreme xtreme minority when it comes to not believing in the giants' plans.  they honestly, truly, believe in davis webb.

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

In the long snapper thread you said kiwi was the worst and this is his thread so I think there could be at least two suspects.

Per new forum bylaws, I am allocated one subject of, "You're the worst" per thread. And that thread change reeks of freaky. Reeks.

Archived