5th Round Pick (174th Overall): Marquez Valdes-Scantling [WR; USF]

Packerraymond

24 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nice.  Just looked up his measurables.  Hopefully Moore or MV-S push Allison off the roster.  I just don't like Allison all that much. 

I'm fine with Allison as a 4th receiver, guy had a great 2016 season at times, and that Bengal game last year really was promising for him. J'mon man!  will start opposite Adams over him me thinks.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Just now, DavidatMIZZOU said:

So if we are penciling in our roster Adams, Cobb and Valdes-Scantling are in, with Allison, Clark, Davis, Moore, Yancey, and others battling for 3 or 4 spots?

3 spots and, in the end, I think it'll be Allison, Moore and Yancey.

Just now, Jmacpackattack said:

Height weight speed remind me of Martavis Bryant.  Can honestly say I've never seen him play though 

You aren’t missing much. They didn’t throw at USF. And when they did it was go routes with VS haha.

5 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i think Moore's probably a near lock. 

hope we still bring another vet off the street.

i i feel like this fellow is gonna be a decent receiver for us though tbh

yeah Moore is >>>> this guy.

Adams, Cobb, Moore, Allison, Davis and a buncha guys battling for 1 or 2 spots.

4 hours ago, Slinky said:

More of a habit more than anything. He's shown he can catch with his hands. Hopefully they can break him of that habit. 

Yeah re: body catching

It seemed like that happened on underthrown balls only. He plucked balls out of the air pretty sweetly when the opportunity was presented. 

19 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

So if we are penciling in our roster Adams, Cobb and Valdes-Scantling are in, with Allison, Clark, Davis, Moore, Yancey, and others battling for 3 or 4 spots?

Honestly, I'd probably have Adams, Cobb, and Moore as our only locks, although if Moore looks pitiful he could be cut.  Maybe you use ink on Adams and Cobb, and pencil in Moore?  Either way, I'd imagine that the group you mentioned are competing for those final 3 spots.  Don't think MVS has that roster lock.

15 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Yeah re: body catching

It seemed like that happened on underthrown balls only. He plucked balls out of the air pretty sweetly when the opportunity was presented. 

He isnt high pointing them, just letting them fall into his body. Lacking a bit of ball skills, tracking it. That will get eaten up against nfl corners. 

I don't think he'll make the team this year, but I hope he'll stick on the PS

Edited by JBURGE25

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

He isnt high pointing them, just letting them fall into his body. Lacking a bit of ball skills, tracking it. That will get eaten up against nfl corners. 

I don't think he'll make the team this year, but I hope he'll stick on the PS

I'd probably agree with this.  Seems like a PS guy if he's not kept around for ST.  Someone might gamble on his physical tools if he shows anything in camp.

I'm predicting that he'll make the team as a gunner.

That means Adams, Cobb, Moore, and MVS make the team. If they keep EQ as the 5th, that would make an awfully young group. So it seems logical that they pick up an older veteran stop-gap #2 before training camp and have 6 WRs. Probably will stash that BYU guy (Pearson?) on the PS to take Cobb's slot receiver role in '19.