2019 NFL Draft Prospects

D82

Best of either T or G. LG seems to be up in the air and while Collins may end up being a nice replacement soon, I keep thinking Ty Smith is succumbing to his injuries like D Ware and I want to be pro-active on finding a good replacement sooner than later. If Ty returns back to normal then Dallas can develop a good swing tackle for both LT and RT. But if Ty isn't returning to full glory or worse, Dallas better be ready.

I have no idea who is/will be available com free agency, but I rather groom a young player than throw more money on a veteran.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Best of either T or G. LG seems to be up in the air and while Collins may end up being a nice replacement soon, I keep thinking Ty Smith is succumbing to his injuries like D Ware and I want to be pro-active on finding a good replacement sooner than later. If Ty returns back to normal then Dallas can develop a good swing tackle for both LT and RT. But if Ty isn't returning to full glory or worse, Dallas better be ready.

I have no idea who is/will be available com free agency, but I rather groom a young player than throw more money on a veteran.

They literally just spent a 2nd round pick on an LG last year. Not interested in grooming him?

There’s a lot of uncertainty because of the injuries right now, but for me, that’s why FA makes sense. You have a chance to add a guy with a great chance to be a walk-in starter. It’s hard for me to justify taking that pick and instead using it on a guy you hope backs up Zach and Connor for 4 years.

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They literally just spent a 2nd round pick on an LG last year. Not interested in grooming him?

There’s a lot of uncertainty because of the injuries right now, but for me, that’s why FA makes sense. You have a chance to add a guy with a great chance to be a walk-in starter. It’s hard for me to justify taking that pick and instead using it on a guy you hope backs up Zach and Connor for 4 years.

Your not wrong in this opinion. And certainly the progression of Collins will help determine Dallas' actual need at O-line. Just think when it comes to the O-line you can't have too many good ones.

OK let me ask you this. Beside the BPA stuff, what do you consider Dallas' biggest needs??

28 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Your not wrong in this opinion. And certainly the progression of Collins will help determine Dallas' actual need at O-line. Just think when it comes to the O-line you can't have too many good ones.

OK let me ask you this. Beside the BPA stuff, what do you consider Dallas' biggest needs??

I view Tight End as our #1 need. I think, more than likely need will meet opportunity and that will be our 2nd round selection.

If not tight end, I think defensive tackle would be a decent bet. Safety as well, depending on what happens in free agency. Pass rusher, too. 

These are all good points about or situation with OL but what I think is going to be the sticking point is how they view the injury situation.   Is Fredrick going to be okay what long term thought do they have in Smith our medical staff will have to give answers during off season on these questions before front office makes a draft plan.   And while I trust our med staff that is still a question mark. I just know it would be great if Smith and Fred are back strong we have improved the depth of they have otherwise we in a bad way must say Conner play last game should give some hope a offseason will make him a solid inside lineman but I do see a swing tackle a priority either way

as far as TE.  I like what we have going forward with the top three as basic blocking and release type TE.  But if I spend a draft pick I want a more athletic down field pass catcher who is starter ready not some one who in one or two years will develop with our WR core we have right now and going forward I really want one who is a mismatching just running up middle of the field and in red zone is a mismatch type. 

For record last game at TE 11 targets 11 receptions 92 yards. To me that is good enough basic production from TE considering are main starter was out  I want more of a weapon downfield here rather then the normal blocking release type and yeah doubt Gathers is here going forward but also when the staff look at things they see that kind of production in no 2-3 TE and they are going to put TE down the list of need

Don't see them going for a TE due to the progression with Shultz and Barwin. 

LT needs to be drafted and groom for the future. 

RB would be nice to have to help Zeke out. 

DE to help spell out DLAW. Although, I do like the pressure that RG is giving. 

51 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Dallas has 4 TEs and all of them are mediocre/wasted roster spots. Jarwin has had one good game in 2 seasons and Rico is a completely wasted roster spot. Swaim can't stay healthy and is probably the tallest midget of the 4 thus far. Schultz is the only one worth giving the benefit, but can't bank on him by any stretch. 

Dallas absolutely needs help at TE. 

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

Tyron Smith is 28 and has 5 years left on his contract. I get the worry about his healthy, but IMO this year is too early to draft his replacement.

An RB to take 3 snaps a game is more valuable than a starting tight end?

Schultz and Jarwin will have us hold off on TE, but Lawrence, Gregory, Taco, and Dorance won't do that at DE?

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

We have no real talent at TE. We have a collection of JAGs, but no impact player.

Tyron Smith has a lot left in the tank and has like 4 or 5 years left on his deal. He needs offseason surgery. Once healthy, he’ll be better. If he’s on the decline (which is possible), I doubt we’ll do anything about it for another 2-3 years unless he totally falls apart.

RBs are a dime a dozen. No need to invest a premium pick on a guy who’s going to get 3-4 carries a game. Use a 7th round pick on a change of pace guy.

I’d argue that DT is more of a need than DE based on the way Randy Gregory has been playing.

6 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We have barely had interest in the DT position past early 1st and I doubt that is ever going to change.

People made comments like this about how we never draft offensive line in the first round, too.

Just this year, we brought in Vita Vea, Taven Bryan, Da’Ron Payne, and Nathan Shepherd for pre-draft visits.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

People made comments like this about how we never draft offensive line in the first round, too.

Just this year, we brought in Vita Vea, Taven Bryan, Da’Ron Payne, and Nathan Shepherd for pre-draft visits.

I think McClay has had a powerful influence on Joan. Our draft history over the last 4-5 years has focused on all aspects of the defense, not just the DBs that Joan is oddly obsessed with.

Archived