2018 Draft RB Thread

CalhounLambeau

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Has Chubb 100% recovered from his injury as far as speed/burst? I haven't watched enough UGA this year to know...

No, but I don’t think it’s crippled his athleticism either. He’s got average NFL RB speed. I’m not sure prime Chubb had anything other than average NFL speed to begin with though.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:14 PM, Jlash said:

Where do you have Penny?

5-8 range probably. I don’t love his instincts as a runner, but he does have a lot of nice traits. Long athlete with very good straight line speed. I wish he ran angrier though. In that regard, I almost want to compare him to Tevin Coleman, but I don’t think hes quite that fast.

I see him getting drafted in round 4

Can someone please tell me about Rashaad Penny?

I know absolutely nothing about this guy 

But I'm watching his highlights and I've never seen a guy this big take so many kickoffs back for touchdowns

hes got the slowest breakaway speed that I think I've seen 

what kind of prospect is he? could he be legit?

This looks like an excellent RB class with multiple guys who would qualify as "bell cow-3 down" guys.  I wish Damien Harris would have declared.  But, Barkley, Guice, the Georgia pair...some real talent in this class.  And it goes fairly deep which means some quality guys will be hanging around still in the 4th-5th rounds.

Anyone want to take a stab at some tiers of their RB's for this draft?

My ranks as of now, would appreciate some feedback or tips on prospects I should watch:

1. Saquan Barkley (top 5)
  2. Derrius Guice (top 20)
  3. Ronald Jones (1st)
  4. Mark Walton (1st/2nd)
  5. Kerryon Johnson (2nd)
  6. Sony Michel (3rd)
  7. Rashaad Penny (3rd)
  8. Jordan Wilkins (3rd)
  9. Royce Freeman (3rd)
  10. Josh Adams (4th)
  11. Nick Chubb (4th)
  12. Bo Scarbrough (4th)
  13. Ito Smith (4th)
  14. Akrum Wadley (5th)

44 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

My ranks as of now, would appreciate some feedback or tips on prospects I should watch:

3. Ronald Jones (1st)
  4. Mark Walton (1st/2nd)
  5. Kerryon Johnson (2nd)
  6. Sony Michel (3rd)
  7. Rashaad Penny (3rd)
  8. Jordan Wilkins (3rd)
  9. Royce Freeman (3rd)
  10. Josh Adams (4th)
  11. Nick Chubb (4th)
  12. Bo Scarbrough (4th)
  13. Ito Smith (4th)
  14. Akrum Wadley (5th)

Nyheim Hines, Kalen Ballage, Martez Carter, Chase Edmonds, and John Kelly

19 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

3. Ronald Jones (1st)
  4. Mark Walton (1st/2nd)
  5. Kerryon Johnson (2nd)
  6. Sony Michel (3rd)
  7. Rashaad Penny (3rd)
  8. Jordan Wilkins (3rd)
  9. Royce Freeman (3rd)
  10. Josh Adams (4th)
  11. Nick Chubb (4th)
  12. Bo Scarbrough (4th)
  13. Ito Smith (4th)
  14. Akrum Wadley (5th)

I don't see anything that stands out as crazy to me from this. Here are some thoughts for me personally though:

1. Guice has top 20 talent, but I wouldn't want to spend my first pick in the draft on a RB that isn't an unreal talent like Saquon is.

2. Ronald Jones is overrated here. His position as the #3 back isn't nuts though. He runs hard between the tackles, but he's not powerful and seems a bit 1-dimensional for a 1st round back.

3. Kerryon Johnson seems like a bust to me. He does everything solidly, but isn't overly powerful, fast, or quick. I love the kind of player he is, but I question his talent.

4. Royce Freeman is not better than Nick Chubb, and I'm one of Chubb's biggest detractors on here dating back to last year. Freeman is a 4th-5th round back to me. Not powerful, not fast. Just very agile and skilled for a 230 pounder...not impressive when he doesn't run with power at that size. Chubb runs like a mad man--he's just athletically limited. He reminds me of Kareem Hunt actually. I think Chubb goes in the 3rd round whereas Freeman goes in the 5th.

5. Akrum Wadley will probably go where you have him slated (5th), but I love this kid. He runs with speed and power. Has hands. Pass blocks. His only real negative is his lack of size. I was shocked to find out he was sub 200 pounds because he doesn't play small at all. This lack of size and a probable 4.45+ 40 time will put him in the 5th, but he's going to be a steal for someone.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

5. Akrum Wadley will probably go where you have him slated (5th), but I love this kid. He runs with speed and power. Has hands. Pass blocks. His only real negative is his lack of size. I was shocked to find out he was sub 200 pounds because he doesn't play small at all. This lack of size and a probable 4.45+ 40 time will put him in the 5th, but he's going to be a steal for someone.

He's basically just Orleans Darkwa

Just now, Forge said:

Not the worst thing ever. Darkwa played fairly well last year, I thought. 

The comparison isn't a bad thing. He just isn't really a guy you want as your starter. A solid backup that is very functional in the passing game as a blocker and receiver.

Archived