2018 NBA Draft Thread

CWood21

6 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Kings with the worst draft by far. It's not even close.

Keep seeing this take, and I really don't agree with it. I think Bagley's a huge talent, and is going to be a Chris Bosh type. 20-25 ppg, 10+ rebounds for a number of years, able to carry a team like Sacramento to where they're relevant enough that people might want to play for them.

Only knock is maybe they should have taken Doncic, but I think Bagley could still end up on a similar level. Don't think it's a crime to pass on Luka.

The hate on Bagley just shows that some doesnt really know basketball. The dude dominated the best conference in basketball in a year where he was supposed to be a senior in high school. He was drafted 2nd overall and this time he was supposed to be getting ready for his freshman year of college. Like the dude is scary good right now and he actually can/will get better. Bagley and Fox are great building blocks for the Kings. I dont mind management calling the Kings a "super team" just young right now. Nobody thought Steph, Klay, Green, and Barnes would win 73 games a season and was one Draymond suspension away from being back to back champs. People wouldve thought the Warriors management would be crazy to say that earlier in those players careers. Especially knowing that people had questions about Steph's ankle always giving him problems at that time. So the Kings have Bagley, Fox, Hield, Jackson, Giles, Labissiere, Bogdanovic, Mason, and WCS. If Giles can be half the player most thought he would be coming out of high school then he will be a good player. Like thats a nice roster to build especially if Bagley and Fox can develop into stars like I believe they will. The only thing I didnt like was the Kings trading away Trent Jr. I wouldve loved to have him with the Kings. He can shoot the ball, especially from 3pt. 

The Nets made a nice pick in getting Musa. I figured they would get him. He can shoot the ball and on a team that loves to shoot a bunch of 3 points, he will fit right in. I like what the Nets are doing. They just need to work on their defense because their offense will be just fine. Now they have two max slots heading into 2019, I look forward to seeing who they will go after. The best part is they dont have to gut their team. They just need to wait patiently and go after the guys they want in the 2019 offseason. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

The Nets made a nice pick in getting Musa. I figured they would get him. He can shoot the ball and on a team that loves to shoot a bunch of 3 points, he will fit right in. I like what the Nets are doing. They just need to work on their defense because their offense will be just fine. Now they have two max slots heading into 2019, I look forward to seeing who they will go after. The best part is they dont have to gut their team. They just need to wait patiently and go after the guys they want in the 2019 offseason. 

Agreed - I think the fit looks to be very natural

Hopefully this kid takes to Atkinson and gets at it regarding his defense

LOL at super team. We Have one guy who is a consistent shooter. That’s Buddy. Outside of that Bagley has such a SSS, you can’t say he is a 40% 3PT shooter especially when he struggles to hit FTs. Fox isn’t a good shooter and that showed last year and in college. Bogi is nice but only has 2 years left on his deal and he wasn’t always great from 3 either. 

The way to be really good in today’s nBA is to stretch the floor and shoot the 3. The kings can’t do that. Bagley isn’t going to help with that. NBA teams will force him to go right every single time. He struggles so much with that. And his success at Duke was because he was so much more athletic than guys at that stage. That isn’t going to be true here. Then add on top his horrid defense and you have the recipe for a terrible pick. I watched him play multiple times last year. He is a raw talent. He is a great rebounder. He was able to score utilizing his athleticism. Lots of that isn’t going to work in the NBA with smarter coaches and defenses and more talented players. I feel like he is going to be one of those empty 18 and 10 guys in his career. He isn’t someone who is going to change this franchise and that’s exactly what you need with a #2 pick. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The Wizards fanbase is extremely frustrated. Twitter is hot!

my wiz fan homie texted me so hot that they didn't get Porter. I like Troy Brown. But Zhaire was on top of my board at 14

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

The Wizards fanbase is extremely frustrated. Twitter is hot!

What are they saying/upset about?  I saw the Miles Bridges pick as either the Wizards didn't want to pay Oubre coming up or they were looking at possibly trying to move Porter for a more established big, maybe try for a S&T for Cousins for Porter, maybe some other trade for a big?

10 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Did this draft feel super deep? The Wolves getting Diop at 48 is a great pick. Rockets getting Melton is great. Jacob Evans to GS suuuuucks for everyone. Shoutout to my CU Buff George King getting drafted

Everyone's been saying that this is a super deep draft.  Guys that went 5-10 likely would've been top 5 picks in other drafts.  I think every tier of players would've likely been in a tier higher for other drafts.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Did this draft feel super deep? The Wolves getting Diop at 48 is a great pick. Rockets getting Melton is great. Jacob Evans to GS suuuuucks for everyone. Shoutout to my CU Buff George King getting drafted

i think we all just watch too much basketball

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i think we all just watch too much basketball

I was thinking that too lmao. I have a sickness. I have been looking at damn screens for like 4 days straight bc of the  draft. Bob Williams to Celtics is really nice btw. 

Archived