LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

If LeBron wants the best chance to beat the Warriors and that's what he's entirely focused on then why not join the Celtics?  That would be the team with the coach and pieces that could beat the Warriors.  I'm not huge on LeBron in Houston.  Too many ball dominant players and they would lose too many pieces to fit LeBron.  

I think he's going to stay on the Cavs.

As a Cavs fan, I wouldn't care one bit if he leaves. I'm so sick and tired of this freaking GSW team and their obnoxious fans that I want someone to kick the crap out of them. Whatever team LeBron is on has the best shot at doing that, and he won't be able to accomplish that on this Cavs squad with these players and that coach. I'd like to see him stay selfishly, but I wouldn't hold it against him at all for leaving. I just hope he is able to formulate some kind of mutant squad to crap down Golden State's throat every year. Maybe go to Los Angeles and recruit Paul George there as well. Then trade away any of their assets to get Boogie Cousins.

Or he could just go to the Pelicans to formulate the most ridiculous front court in NBA history.

SF: GOAT James

PF: Davis

C: Cousins

59 minutes ago, showtime said:

If LeBron wants the best chance to beat the Warriors and that's what he's entirely focused on then why not join the Celtics?  That would be the team with the coach and pieces that could beat the Warriors.  I'm not huge on LeBron in Houston.  Too many ball dominant players and they would lose too many pieces to fit LeBron.  

LeBron doesn't like playing with young players for some reason. I can't imagine him playing with a bunch of young guns out in Boston when he could essentially build his own squad of superfreaks somewhere else. Boston isn't nuking their young nucleus for LeBron to come over for a few seasons.

Maybe Bron would play with a super young team, but his M.O. so far in his career has been to surround himself with veterans he grew up playing with/against and trade away future assets for NOW. I think the best thing for LeBron would be to play with a bunch of young guys, but that doesn't appear to be his thinking on the matter. Moving to Los Angeles and taking 2 superstars with him via trade or signings seems like the most logical move in my opinion. Cousins/George/James in LA is very plausible and that squad could do some legitimate damage.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pistons? Was that a typo? Lol

I hadn’t considered New Orleans for LeBron James.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Or he could just go to the Pelicans to formulate the most ridiculous front court in NBA history.

But I can totally see it. Most likely team he goes to is the Pacers I’d say, although the Cavaliers and Celtics strike me as the top two teams he’d like to play for, with the Lakers fourth, the Sixers fifth and basically four other teams tied for sixth, (NO/HOU/SA/DET), that he’d like to join.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

LeBron doesn't like playing with young players for some reason. I can't imagine him playing with a bunch of young guns out in Boston when he could essentially build his own squad of superfreaks somewhere else. Boston isn't nuking their young nucleus for LeBron to come over for a few seasons.

Maybe Bron would play with a super young team, but his M.O. so far in his career has been to surround himself with veterans he grew up playing with/against and trade away future assets for NOW. I think the best thing for LeBron would be to play with a bunch of young guys, but that doesn't appear to be his thinking on the matter. Moving to Los Angeles and taking 2 superstars with him via trade or signings seems like the most logical move in my opinion. Cousins/George/James in LA is very plausible and that squad could do some legitimate damage.

Celtics wouldn’t have to nuke anything. They just have to move Kyrie. In fact they could trade Kyrie and get some other really good and younger player like Leonard/Davis and play him with Lebron. 

If the only reason to leave is to beat Golden State and win finals then it’s Boston.

-best team in the East, if you put Lebron there they are never going to have an issue getting out of the East

-best defense in the league, something Lebron needs to have a shot vs Golden States shooting

-current stars and some of the best up and coming talent with Brown and Tatum

-one of the best coaches in the league right now 

-team that was a game away from the Finals missing their two top players

-a deep bench full of tall versatile players that wont force Lebron to be on the court all game. 

Take every issue that Lebron had in these playoffs and Boston already has a real answer for them.

Anywhere else he goes in the East, even Philly, would still be in a dog fight with a fully healthy Boston. Since he’s not going to Golden State he still has to contend with them in the West. That’s not a guarantee. 

If it’s about winning the smart move is to go Boston. I’d say if it’s a brand building go to LA, but to be honest, LA isn’t really going to be impressed having Lebron there if he isn’t winning titles and he won’t at least for a couple years. 

16 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Celtics wouldn’t have to nuke anything. They just have to move Kyrie. In fact they could trade Kyrie and get some other really good and younger player like Leonard/Davis and play him with Lebron. 

I think you are underrating how much of an egomaniacal control freak Lebron is tbh.  He could easily show up day 1 and want to trade Tatum for a hobbled Chris Paul, because Chris is his friend and we are doing this my way or the highway. 

He will never go to Boston because Ainge and Stevens are not going to be his puppets and Lebron needs to call all the shots.  Especially surrounded by a bunch of kids.  These kids were in diapers when I was in the league and I'm taking over.

Morey is also a serious guy but teaming up with CP and Harden to wreck the Warriors is a different animal.  Lebron loves those guys and wouldn't really need to tinker.  Mike D is also a complete clown who could easily be replaced with whatever puppet Lebron wanted and that team would be unreal.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

No chance he goes to Boston.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think he's going to stay on the Cavs.

As a Cavs fan, I wouldn't care one bit if he leaves. I'm so sick and tired of this freaking GSW team and their obnoxious fans that I want someone to kick the crap out of them. Whatever team LeBron is on has the best shot at doing that, and he won't be able to accomplish that on this Cavs squad with these players and that coach. I'd like to see him stay selfishly, but I wouldn't hold it against him at all for leaving. I just hope he is able to formulate some kind of mutant squad to crap down Golden State's throat every year. Maybe go to Los Angeles and recruit Paul George there as well. Then trade away any of their assets to get Boogie Cousins.

Your'e upset. It's ok. I get it. :) 

The Pelicans would be really interesting. Would be better off without Cousins if he goes but teaming up with Jrue/AD gives him a chance vs GS. 

Only way he stays in Cleveland at this point is if they sign PG in a S&T which is highly highly unlikely. 

Lakers are super young, but with Bron/PG, they would be able to throw some line ups out there that could defend the Dubs. But does a Ball/Kuzma/Ingram/Bron/PG line up have enough shooting? A lot of length and nice athleticism but getting more shooters would be a must. 

Think San Antonio and Philly are the top two options. Philly if he wants to go somewhere he can run the show, and San Antonio if he's willing to work together with Pop/Buford in running things.

Houston maybe, I see him wanting to play with Cp3, but I don't know about him playing with Harden. I could see a situation where that trio works pretty well though, tbh. Also, think he'd be a pretty beloved figure in Houston if he went there and brought them a ring.

I don't see the Lakers, seeing as they're real young and unproven (haven't had the success a young core like Philly did this year). Also there's the issue of whether he wants to be just another Lakers star. seems like that angle has died a bit though, with the last 5 years they've had, I think LeBron would be a big hit if he went there now and brought them back to the top.

Kinda think the Clippers are a better option if he wants to go to LA. has the chance to bring success to a team that's never had any, and that team is better suited for him to win now without major retooling. they have some good shooters to play off of him, Lou Will to run the 2nd unit and give bron some rest, and DeAndre to catch lobs.

Wouldn't surprise me if he stuck in Cleveland either. It's funny though. Not so long ago, you would have thought him leaving Cleveland the 2nd time would be a killer for his rep. But after this season, I don't think there's anyone (even Cleveland fans) who will blame him. Just funny how things change.

17 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

I don't see the Lakers, seeing as they're real young and unproven (haven't had the success a young core like Philly did this year). Also there's the issue of whether he wants to be just another Lakers star. seems like that angle has died a bit though, with the last 5 years they've had, I think LeBron would be a big hit if he went there now and brought them back to the top.

Kinda think the Clippers are a better option if he wants to go to LA. has the chance to bring success to a team that's never had any, and that team is better suited for him to win now without major retooling. they have some good shooters to play off of him, Lou Will to run the 2nd unit and give bron some rest, and DeAndre to catch lobs.

Not a chance the Clippers are a better option.  They'll always be the other Los Angeles team, and given that they just traded away Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan likely opts out of his contract, they're not a very attractive destination.  That being said, if LeBron goes to Los Angeles it's to play with Paul George.  I don't see a scenario in which LeBron signs with the Lakers and Paul George doesn't.

Archived