Jared Goff vs Carson Wentz

patriotsheatyan

The more accurate passer! Goff.. Kid can put in anywhere. You can’t teach accuracy and Wentz has his accuracy issues. He over throws a lot. Still he’s a monster and was the MVP last season. Not sure why everyone gloats about his receiving options. To me they’re below par and he still had a insane year. Imagine him with real receiving options oooof! 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

The more accurate passer! Goff.. Kid can put in anywhere. You can’t teach accuracy and Wentz has his accuracy issues. He over throws a lot. Still he’s a monster and was the MVP last season. Not sure why everyone gloats about his receiving options. To me they’re below par and he still had a insane year. Imagine him with real receiving options oooof! 

Below par? That's not really true. Are they stellar? No. Not really. But when you factor in Alshon, Nelson, Zach Ertz, and the runningbacks who can catch the ball, I'd say they're above average. Alshon really came into his own around the middle of the season last year. 

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

Below par? That's not really true. Are they stellar? No. Not really. But when you factor in Alshon, Nelson, Zach Ertz, and the runningbacks who can catch the ball, I'd say they're above average. Alshon really came into his own around the middle of the season last year. 

I don’t think they’re special at all.. It’s like

Bradys receiving core thru out the years. No one strikes fear into an opponent. All are solid but not special. 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I don’t think they’re special at all.. It’s like

Bradys receiving core thru out the years. No one strikes fear into an opponent. All are solid but not special. 

Could say the same thing about the Rams from my perspective. You have Gurley who's a hell of a runningback, but none of your receiving core are all like "Wow look at him"

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

Could say the same thing about the Rams from my perspective. You have Gurley who's a hell of a runningback, but none of your receiving core are all like "Wow look at him"

I mean I guess. But then that argument becomes pro Goff. Yet everyone tries to crap on him because he doesn’t call his own plays lol? Audibles? 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I mean I guess. But then that argument becomes pro Goff. Yet everyone tries to crap on him because he doesn’t call his own plays lol? Audibles? 

Both Wentz and Goff take charge of the play at the line and have a big input on what is played as far as I can tell. 

Brandin Cooks is a good receiver, but he's not top 10. He's not exactly someone you have to revolve your game plan around. 

15 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Goff because he’s the next Peyton Manning

Sloooooow down there buddy. Peyton is a top 3 QB of all time. I know Goff had a very good 2nd season, but lets not do that just yet. It's like saying Donovan Mitchell is the next Michael Jordan.

Closer than I think people make it out to be. Hard for me not to take Wentz but either are good choices at QB. 

Arguments against Goff are pretty relegated to, how much is him and how much is McVay? I’m inclined to believe it’s a heavy dose of both guys. McVay has shown in his first year to be one of the best offensive minds in the game but Goff still needed to make the throws. He still needed to learn a brand new offense with a largely new offensive cast. Both deserve credit and I don’t think either ought to be slighted. 

Wentz is working with a similarly progressive coach (which hardly gets mentioned in discussions like these) but showed a bit more playmaking ability in 2017. He looked like Rodgers-lite in 17’, using his pocket mobility and vision to make some absolutely insane throws. There are sustainability questions and he did miss a portion of the season with an ACL that he needs to prove he can come back from, but he (and Watson) really showed off a dynamic skillet that is extremely valued in today’s NFL. He’s the new prototype. 

Both are good QBs. Both are working with great offensive minds. Both have some question marks that they can stymie in 2018. It’ll be exciting to watch.

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Closer than I think people make it out to be. Hard for me not to take Wentz but either are good choices at QB. 

Arguments against Goff are pretty relegated to, how much is him and how much is McVay? I’m inclined to believe it’s a heavy dose of both guys. McVay has shown in his first year to be one of the best offensive minds in the game but Goff still needed to make the throws. He still needed to learn a brand new offense with a largely new offensive cast. Both deserve credit and I don’t think either ought to be slighted. 

Wentz is working with a similarly progressive coach (which hardly gets mentioned in discussions like these) but showed a bit more playmaking ability in 2017. He looked like Rodgers-lite in 17’, using his pocket mobility and vision to make some absolutely insane throws. There are sustainability questions and he did miss a portion of the season with an ACL that he needs to prove he can come back from, but he (and Watson) really showed off a dynamic skillet that is extremely valued in today’s NFL. He’s the new prototype. 

Both are good QBs. Both are working with great offensive minds. Both have some question marks that they can stymie in 2018. It’ll be exciting to watch.

I agree with this. As Howie Roseman once said, "It's like vanilla and chocolate". Both are good, just different flavors. Wentz was very much Rodgers-lite, which is what I thought he could be coming out whereas Goff is more in that Manning/Brady mold as a pocket passer who has great footwork inside the pocket and can beat you with his arm. I think it's safe to say both should excite for years to come.

Archived