What video game are you playing?

5 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Ball cam the majority of the time, but i flick it off when dribbling and plays off the wall. The factory camera settings are ***, try some of these and find one you like. https://prosettings.net/rocket-league-pro-camera-settings-controller-list/

And the majority of the time you dont need to be full turbo to make good plays on the ball. Just slow it down and pay attention to the other team. A big key to the game is anticipation and reading your opponent. What rank are you in 2s and 3s?

Man I don't even know how to check.  That's pathetic.  I might not be at all, all I play are quick play 2s.  Not sure if that has rankings or not.

Edit: Ok, figured it out. Won my only ranked 2 match 5-4. Defense was apparently deemed unnecessary. 

Edited by DaveDX

8 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Man I don't even know how to check.  That's pathetic.  I might not be at all, all I play are quick play 2s.  Not sure if that has rankings or not.

Edit: Ok, figured it out. Won my only ranked 2 match 5-4. Defense was apparently deemed unnecessary. 

I can show you the ropes and teach you the basics if you’d like. I’m on the edge of Grand Champ right now with an embarrassing number of hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

I can show you the ropes and teach you the basics if you’d like. I’m on the edge of Grand Champ right now with an embarrassing number of hours. 

That’d be very kind of you. I do ok here and there, but it’s hard to be consistent and take over a game. And I definitely can’t do the aerial stuff

On 11/17/2019 at 1:05 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Haven’t gotten into any non-sports games in FOREVER. I kinda got that itch to play something else. Back in the day....and I’m talking early 2000s my brother and I were into Metal Gear Solid. Is that still a solid franchise? I see They have like 6 of them now. 

It's finished now.  MGS V: Phantom Pain is the most recent (and final) one.  The gameplay is fantastic and maybe the best stealth game I've played, so if that is your thing I highly recommend it as its probably cheap right now.  However it's a tedious game to get through at times.  At least the old Metal Gear Solid's that were long also featured a solid story and great cutscenes, of which this game is lacking in both.  So you would really just be playing for the gameplay.

Death Stranding is a new game that came out this year by the same person behind MGS.  So maybe you would like that too.  I haven't played it but I've heard mixed things about it, such as that it gets better after the earlier parts of the story and that it can be immersive.  I'd watch some gameplay though. 

Tomb Raider would be a good series to get into, if something with a solid story and great action is something you are looking for.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up Phoenix Point the other day.  Made by one of the creator's of the original X-COM series.  Been a huge fan of this genre since I first played X-COM back in 1994.

It feels a little unpolished right now, but overall, a good experience so far.  

Been playing a few games this week.

• Call of Casual :Fraudulent Warfare
  • Gran Turismo: Sport
  • GTA V: Online (Haven't done the Diamond Heist yet though)
  • Street Fighter V (The new V-Skills are pretty cool in spite of Social Justice Gill)
  • Apex (Because gettin' that Rank Money is fun)

Might turn Ghost Recon: Breakpoint back on so I can attempt to finish that. The Division vibes and the bugs were just throwing me off.