Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

Look, I’m not happy about it but I think I’ve been mentally prepared for it. Kind of reminds me of the nnamdi situation. Awesome player but the defense was still bad. (Mack will definitely have a better career but just saying in terms of paying a lot for one guy instead of having solid players all over.) 

It would have been really difficult for us to sign or retain anyone in the future with two mega contracts. 

It apparently is two firsts and a player. That’s actually pretty good value. If we knew we were going to do this, we should have done it in April since it really doesn’t help us for this year. We could always put either two firsts next year or one first and the 2020 first to move up for Nick Bosa. Bosa and Key could be nice, plus we would still have another first to play with.

Apparently there is a player involved and I doubt it is someone insignificant. 

Not saying I agree with any of this, just trying to rationalize it for you and move on for my own well being.

Gruden let his ego get in the way. This is madness, they have gotten rid of their best player at the second most important position. The player they’re getting better be Long or the ghost of Walter Payton. They save money but geez this is going to be unpopular in the nation. They better believe in their young D linemen and they better be good because this is a big deal. 

On another note though I’m glad that he is going to a young team in the NFC with a good coach like fangio. 

5 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Look, I’m not happy about it but I think I’ve been mentally prepared for it. Kind of reminds me of the nnamdi situation. Awesome player but the defense was still bad. (Mack will definitely have a better career but just saying in terms of paying a lot for one guy instead of having solid players all over.) 

It would have been really difficult for us to sign or retain anyone in the future with two mega contracts. 

It apparently is two firsts and a player. That’s actually pretty good value. If we knew we were going to do this, we should have done it in April since it really doesn’t help us for this year. We could always put either two firsts next year or one first and the 2020 first to move up for Nick Bosa. Bosa and Key could be nice, plus we would still have another first to play with.

Apparently there is a player involved and I doubt it is someone insignificant. 

Not saying I agree with any of this, just trying to rationalize it for you and move on for my own well being.

Thanks. That actually helps. Especially the Bosa bit!

Mack >>> Aso. 

Mack is the best player I've seen since being a Raiders fan. Sad to see him go. He wanted to get paid because other guys are. He is a top 5 defensive player in NFL.  He was our best player. Arden Key better ball out as well as the other rookies. Sigh sad day

38 minutes ago, mct288 said:

If dude is wants to force his way out of town, let him. I’ll gladly take some high draft picks instead of paying some lineman QB money. TF outta here 52. 

What's wrong with wanting to be the highest paid edge rusher? Aaron Donald got his payday. Why can't Mack? This was your franchise's cornerstone player. The best in more than a decade, and he was traded away, because ownership didn't want to pay him. But they'll pay an overrated coach $100 million? 

I can tell you for certain that as of 2 hours ago (7:35am cst) that the bears and Khalil's team have agreed to terms on a deal if the bears and the raiders can work out a deal for compensation.

The raiders want this years 1st. Next years 1st and 2nd and a player. The bears didn't say no, but they haven't said yes either.

For me the player has to be either Kyle Fuller or Leonard Davis for it to be remotely worth it.

Archived