Odell Beckham and Giants agreed to a Mega 5 year deal

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Why?  His deal was good before this. 

It was good, but now it's looking better.  If Alsh could actually stay healthy, it will be a fantastic deal, but that's not very likely. I think OBJ is more likely to play 16 games,  but it wouldn't surprise me if he only ends playing 13 or 14. Alshon might only play 10 because he can injure himself reading emails. If both guys play 16, I think Alshon will be the better value and have a very good (top 10 yards and tds) season statistically. This is assuming Wentz is healthy. 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly I think he's going to be closer to 85/1183/13 than 114/1578/18 coming back from his injury. I was only making a case that the contracts were similar based on production.

It does depend somewhat how much you value Touchdowns. While I could see Odell surpassing Alshon's yards *1.5, I doubt moreso that he will surpass the TDs *1.5.

I'd think this if it was a soft tissue injury - ligament, tendon, etc. Those take time, you deal with significant muscle atrophy, risk of reinjury (or better stated - ancillary injuries such as inflammation) etc.

Broken bones hurt a lot more, sound bad when they happen - but all you do is set the bone and wait for it to calcify back into place. Might be some pins and plates to help, but it's actually a pretty thorough healing (unless you're talking a broken hip or femur).

I'm actually very high on OBJ this season, because once he shed his cast, he was basically cleared - there wasn't a long rehab process, he could hit the field and do what he does well.

12 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Feel like he’s about to be the Adrian Peterson/Calvin Johnson of the Giants 

Great player who's team never goes anywhere? If that happens,  it because the qb, coaching, and d weren't good enough. Won't be OBJs fault. 

Also,  the league needs to raise the salary cap by like 50 million. 

I really wish the signing of the contract would have a picture of him, his agent, and a kicker's practice net all together.

He is the face of the franchise, glad to see he stuck with the team rather than try to run away to an easier situation. He is going to make Shurmur's job MUCH easier on offense, though that isn't really anything surprising of course.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

It's the mandatory NFL news post of "this has absolutely nothing to do with my team but allow me to insert them into the discussion regardless, typically in a fashion that highlights one of my favorite players".

If I'm not mistaken, there is a mandatory quota of 3 such posts per 5 page discussion. Or so I'm told. 

Wow you guys are SENSATIVE. Also check the stats when Rhodes plays the best WR in the NFL.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Physically, he is more gifted than anyone else. Effortless one handed catches, incredible 2nd gear, can jump out of the building, etc. No other WR right now has his physical gifts. 

How is a 5"11 receiver that runs a 4.44 the most physically gifted in the NFL? 

Talented? maybe.

Physically gifted? What are you smoking?

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly I think he's going to be closer to 85/1183/13 than 114/1578/18 coming back from his injury. I was only making a case that the contracts were similar based on production.

It does depend somewhat how much you value Touchdowns. While I could see Odell surpassing Alshon's yards *1.5, I doubt moreso that he will surpass the TDs *1.5.

Yards are far more reproducible than TDs though (statistically speaking). 

Alshon could just as easily put up 50/800/4 as he could  repeat last years 57/789/9 stat line

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

It was good, but now it's looking better.  If Alsh could actually stay healthy, it will be a fantastic deal, but that's not very likely. I think OBJ is more likely to play 16 games,  but it wouldn't surprise me if he only ends playing 13 or 14. Alshon might only play 10 because he can injure himself reading emails. If both guys play 16, I think Alshon will be the better value and have a very good (top 10 yards and tds) season statistically. This is assuming Wentz is healthy. 

Please tell me more about a second rate receivers contract that has nothing to do with the thread

Archived