What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Just saw that parts of Mexico were covered in up to 6 FEET of ice after a freak hailstorm.... Not gonna lie I'd prolly be freaking out of I was ever in something like that.

We got two feet of ice a couple years ago and it completely shut our town down for like 2 weeks

got sketchy. We can deal with snow but when you’re encased in ice that’s a whole different game 

36 minutes ago, Dome said:

We got two feet of ice a couple years ago and it completely shut our town down for like 2 weeks

got sketchy. We can deal with snow but when you’re encased in ice that’s a whole different game 

2ft is hard to imagine

44 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Just saw that parts of Mexico were covered in up to 6 FEET of ice after a freak hailstorm.... Not gonna lie I'd prolly be freaking out of I was ever in something like that.

6ft is absolutely impossible for me to imagine. We need pictures. Wouldnt that like.... destroy everything? I dont see how any man made structure or automobile could withstand 6 ft of hail. 

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

2ft is hard to imagine

6ft is absolutely impossible for me to imagine. We need pictures. Wouldnt that like.... destroy everything? I dont see how any man made structure or automobile could withstand 6 ft of hail. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/earther.gizmodo.com/a-freak-storm-dumped-nearly-five-feet-of-hail-on-guadal-1836013159/amp

Has a video of a truck driving through it... Insane

• Like 1

I just found out of my best friends wife has just a couple months to live

I’m numb. The two of them spend a lot of time with my wife and I before we got married. They gave us advice and helped us out with a lot of stuff over the years.

i don’t know what to say to him. I don’t know if he even wants to hear from me right now 

this is terrible 

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I don’t think men are fragile. Men are just smart, diet pop is garbage tasting. 

Studies have shown that if you put the exact same drink in a black can instead of a lighter colored one, and just remove the word diet from the packaging, men will tell you that the one labeled diet is bad and the one labeled something else is good. Doesn't matter what the product is either; snack bars, soda, prepared meals - men get all fragile when the idea of consuming a diet product comes up, so you have to dress it up as something else.

Diet Pepsi wasn't popular with men. They introduced Pepsi One (in a black bottle), that did well with men. Then they reformulated Diet Pepsi to be exactly the same as Pepsi One and discontinued Pepsi One. Men still don't buy Diet Pepsi even though it tastes exactly like the product they used to buy. They introduced Diet Pepsi Max and men didn't buy it for a year and a half. They dropped the word diet from the name, added more black to the label, and kept the formula exactly the same, and men are now the main consumers of it (and still are even though it's now Pepsi Zero Sugar).

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’m numb. The two of them spend a lot of time with my wife and I before we got married. They gave us advice and helped us out with a lot of stuff over the years.

i don’t know what to say to him. I don’t know if he even wants to hear from me right now 

this is terrible 

Sorry to hear that. 

Cant even imagine :(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

this is terrible 

Just tell him you’re there for anything and everything he may need/want. It’s hard to know for sure if someone would want to hear from anybody in that situation but just let him know you’re there for him. 

Im sorry you’re going through that bro 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dome said:

this is terrible 

Thats horrific news. He will need you through this process, both before and after. Just let them both know you are there. Might even be a good idea to stop by with dinner or beer every now and then. People can be dismissive and reclusive via text messages. Sometimes you just need to check in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dome said:

this is terrible 

Wow, sorry to hear about this. 

I don't think there's anything you can say, to be honest - just be there for him, let him go through the grieving process however he chooses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dome said:

this is terrible 

That sucks man. One thing you could consider doing if you want to show that you're there for them is get a few people together and see if you'd be willing to gift them a housekeeper until after she dies. It says you're there for them, and it's one less crappy thing that they have to do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That sucks man. One thing you could consider doing if you want to show that you're there for them is get a few people together and see if you'd be willing to gift them a housekeeper until after she dies. It says you're there for them, and it's one less crappy thing that they have to do.

They’re church going folk and have a waiting list of eager volunteers. 

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

I got in touch and let him know I loved them both and let him know my line is open 24/7. 

He’s hanging in there. Even cracked a joke about not remembering me since I haven’t seen him in a few months.

Had a good long cry (jk no way) afterwards and I’m feeling much better. Thanks again for saying nice things to me.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, pwny said:

Studies have shown that if you put the exact same drink in a black can instead of a lighter colored one, and just remove the word diet from the packaging, men will tell you that the one labeled diet is bad and the one labeled something else is good. Doesn't matter what the product is either; snack bars, soda, prepared meals - men get all fragile when the idea of consuming a diet product comes up, so you have to dress it up as something else.

Diet Pepsi wasn't popular with men. They introduced Pepsi One (in a black bottle), that did well with men. Then they reformulated Diet Pepsi to be exactly the same as Pepsi One and discontinued Pepsi One. Men still don't buy Diet Pepsi even though it tastes exactly like the product they used to buy. They introduced Diet Pepsi Max and men didn't buy it for a year and a half. They dropped the word diet from the name, added more black to the label, and kept the formula exactly the same, and men are now the main consumers of it (and still are even though it's now Pepsi Zero Sugar).

Diet Coke consistently beat regular Coke in taste tests, and outsells it still IIRC.  That's why Coca Cola had the whole "new Coke" marketing fiasco in the early 90s.  They were changing the Coca Cola recipe to taste more like Diet Coke, which people preferred.  Then a small number of people got mad about it and turned what on paper was a good idea for the product into a disaster.

Coke Zero/Diet Coke >>> Coca Cola

Coke zero really does taste better than diet coke.

I get diet pop all the time. Diet dew, diet dr pepper, diet cherry 7up.

I dont have any issue with it because im a guy

Coke zero though is totally different (and better) tasting than diet coke

• Like 2