What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

My daughter is playing in the state championship bball tournament Friday-Sunday and I am really nervous. She joined an AAU team this year at the bottom of the roster. She is now a starter, but she gets super anxious at these traveling events. Im hoping its a good experience. 

So I run a website, and I've mainly just been doing it for fun because I like to write the articles on nerdy things. That's where I put up a lot of the content on stuff I talk about in the Board Game thread and what are you reading threads, etc. But I was just looking at the analytics and realized that we've grown a little bit. In the past year we saw an almost 1000% in page view traffic, and a 1500% increase in new sessions. Now, getting a bit higher retention would be nice, but I'm not even sure what good numbers look like that for that.

37 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

So I run a website, and I've mainly just been doing it for fun because I like to write the articles on nerdy things. That's where I put up a lot of the content on stuff I talk about in the Board Game thread and what are you reading threads, etc. But I was just looking at the analytics and realized that we've grown a little bit. In the past year we saw an almost 1000% in page view traffic, and a 1500% increase in new sessions. Now, getting a bit higher retention would be nice, but I'm not even sure what good numbers look like that for that.

Gnattyice.com?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Sounds like my freezer is about to crap out:(

That's a major bummer man. Mine did the same a few months back, and on the bright side, I got $50-$60 cash from my local energy company AND they hauled it away for free. Just an FYI. (Mine was a standup)

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

That's a major bummer man. Mine did the same a few months back, and on the bright side, I got $50-$60 cash from my local energy company AND they hauled it away for free. Just an FYI. (Mine was a standup)

Mines a stand up fridge and freezer. I'm hoping it's just a bad fan or something. I think I'll have to call someone. Luckily it's still cooling 

6 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Honestly never understood how people got into climbing. I've never tried it or anything, but I just don't see the appeal.

I think it's fun to do technically challenging routes. 

Climbing is something ingrained in most people (not named Fl0nkerton).  Most kids start climbing stuff before or right after they start walking.  It's just a thing to do that's physically challenging, and mentally rewarding when you make it to the end of the route.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, theJ said:

I think it's fun to do technically challenging routes. 

Climbing is something ingrained in most people (not named Fl0nkerton).  Most kids start climbing stuff before or right after they start walking.  It's just a thing to do that's physically challenging, and mentally rewarding when you make it to the end of the route.

I mostly feel this way because it looks difficult and I'd rather exert myself lifting weights 😂

20 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I mostly feel this way because it looks difficult and I'd rather exert myself lifting weights 😂

It is difficult.  Very difficult.

I find weight lifting really repetitive and boring honestly.  And it never really provides the full body workout i'm looking for.  Rock climbing solves both of those for me.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I find weight lifting really repetitive and boring honestly.  And it never really provides the full body workout i'm looking for.  Rock climbing solves both of those for me.  

Have you tried circuit training out of curiosity?

2 hours ago, theJ said:

It seems really cool, a really fun activity. This being said - knowing me, climbing would result in a 100% mortality rate. I'm clumsy on flat land, let alone trying to climb something bigger than my bed.

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It seems really cool, a really fun activity. This being said - knowing me, climbing would result in a 100% mortality rate. I'm clumsy on flat land, let alone trying to climb something bigger than my bed.

If you have hair, TIE IT UP!

Getting your long, flowing locks stuck in a carabiner while you're repelling down a tall-*** rock wall and having to cut them uncomfortably close to your scalp is not a fun experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Have you tried circuit training out of curiosity?

I have not.  Mostly if i'm doing a regimented thing, it's one of the P90x series.  But it's hard to make time and keep up with it, because again, it's boring.