What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

21 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

I want 3-4ft tall giraffes, and science should do something good for once, and make it happen. Hedge trimming would be way more fun to watch. If you had a cat that likes to chase things, it would be like a miniature, living, model of Africa in your back yard. 

You're just trying to see the world burn, ain'tcha?

x7Z2nhi.gif

You know this started from SOMEWHERE... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

You're just trying to see the world burn, ain'tcha?

x7Z2nhi.gif

You know this started from SOMEWHERE... 

It was from before that episode aired. Have a kid that loved giraffes, and we'd go see them a lot at the zoo. The place it came from was laziness because the zoo is on the complete opposite end of the city, and I didn't want to drive.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

third year of uni and my economics degree are all done

now it's just two years of straight law to finish off the law degree which is the big kahuna and what i'm here for really

Knowing what you now know - would your decision to enter Law School be the same or different ?

• Like 1

Leave me the **** alone please but I was on Youtube and went deep dive and ended up on Adele "Someone Like You." I was beyond baffled by the fact that her 21 album is a decade old. I legit got pissed off. Feels like yesterday and I would've guessed 5 years ago. Then I realized "Hello" was 5 years ago. God, I hate getting older. Time really blends, man. Your parents don't lie to you about that.

Edited by beekay414

On 12/14/2020 at 3:19 PM, Shady Slim said:

third year of uni and my economics degree are all done

now it's just two years of straight law to finish off the law degree which is the big kahuna and what i'm here for really

Ya'll do weird things so upsidedown on the other side of the world.  It took me five years just to get a BA.  🥺

Though most of that is just transferring to a different school like an idiot and "course equivalencies" being all jacked.  But also, it's like 4 years...unless you can just run courses through the summer, which they didn't offer, and i couldn't afford without labouring as a peasant in between school years.  And a Law program is another 3 years on top of that, even if a few people shortcut a year off their BA for early entry.

Anyway...Don't forget the little people, when you catch the big kahuna imo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Moving is the *^&*$#^ worst.

Someone please kill me.

Moving is both one of the worst things known to humankind, and also...if it goes well, at the end, one of the best things.

But mostly, it's just the worst.

21 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Moving is the *^&*$#^ worst.

Someone please kill me.

I’ve done it once a year every year since 2011 after not moving once in my life before that 

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

So...

Somebody keeps a mountain lion as a pet.

On 12/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, Forge said:

If you could change the size of one animal, what would it be?

On 12/13/2020 at 7:20 AM, MWil23 said:

Assuming it would be domesticated and kid friendly, give me a cat sized panther. Good with my kids, you feed it meat, and it just absolutely destroys all rodents, opossums, and raccoons. My girls love their farm cats (we live in the township on a few acres), so a domestic panther would be pretty hilariously amazing.

@Forge shhhhhhhh he's onto us!

tenor.gif?itemid=3544589

• Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 10:07 AM, Shanedorf said:

Knowing what you now know - would your decision to enter Law School be the same or different ?

oh definitely the same! i've wanted to do law ever since i was like ten (though had some interim dreams like physiotherapy and sports journalism, but always came back to law tbh).

sydney university is a bit, eh, legacy, and a lot of the people are legacy law types - the granddaughter of an ex high court judge is in the cohort, his grandson's in the year above - and i am decidedly, uh, not that, my grandparents were mediterranean immigrant farmers and truck drivers, but it's a good thing in that i'll have to be used to these people to deal with them in the workplace. 

here

we are very lucky we get government subsidized college and public rather than private student loans - if i had to operate under the american student loans system it'd be a lot more difficult to get myself set up

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Ya'll do weird things so upsidedown on the other side of the world.  It took me five years just to get a BA.  🥺

Though most of that is just transferring to a different school like an idiot and "course equivalencies" being all jacked.  But also, it's like 4 years...unless you can just run courses through the summer, which they didn't offer, and i couldn't afford without labouring as a peasant in between school years.  And a Law program is another 3 years on top of that, even if a few people shortcut a year off their BA for early entry.

Anyway...Don't forget the little people, when you catch the big kahuna imo.

the way they do law degrees here, you do a bit of your law degree and your other degree for the first two years (30/70 there and there abouts is the split) and then the final two years are straight law; if you were to do just a JD here it would be yeah three years, and with a three or four year degree before that taking it to 6 or 7 - but if you do it alongside another degree the way i have you can save time, albeit at the cost of some electives in your main degree. i used most of my economics degree electives on sports science, which is the only science i do haha

tbh i couldn't even name you the big six law firms in australia - big law isn't really my ideal goal. poorer litigants and those who struggle for representation and to achieve justice, i've done a lot of work with already and plan to work with those sorts of claims once i've graduated too - it's much more rewarding to me than underwriting contracts for a mining company, and it's the thing that got me in to law to begin with in part coming from that sort of background myself and living on the ground what it means to be on the margins

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

the way they do law degrees here, you do a bit of your law degree and your other degree for the first two years (30/70 there and there abouts is the split) and then the final two years are straight law; if you were to do just a JD here it would be yeah three years, and with a three or four year degree before that taking it to 6 or 7 - but if you do it alongside another degree the way i have you can save time, albeit at the cost of some electives in your main degree. i used most of my economics degree electives on sports science, which is the only science i do haha

tbh i couldn't even name you the big six law firms in australia - big law isn't really my ideal goal. poorer litigants and those who struggle for representation and to achieve justice, i've done a lot of work with already and plan to work with those sorts of claims once i've graduated too - it's much more rewarding to me than underwriting contracts for a mining company, and it's the thing that got me in to law to begin with in part coming from that sort of background myself and living on the ground what it means to be on the margins

Huh.  That's so weird.  Kinda cool.  Seems like a better way to avoid at least some of the burnout and jaded quality most lawyers seem to emerge with.  But like...how do they choose who gets to do a "law degree" starting from your first year of college?  Do you just do it, and it narrows down by grades/performance year by year?  Or does Australia just have an absolutely enormous number of lawyers?  Or is it just based on your grades/testing scores coming out of High School, which seems kinda wonky?  Or do you just take an LSAT type test right out of High School?

• Like 1