Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Tyty said:

I thought it was weird when that dude ran off from the pack to die from dragon fire in the alleyway but it turns out that was Aaron Rodgers doing a cameo appearance. Kinda lame 

He was improvising, and breaking away from the OL that couldn't contain Drogon's rush.  Kinda seemed in-character to me.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Bingo. Once I came to terms with the fact that the more complicated theories (3ER raven being evil, Bran warging into the Mad King, etc) and accepted D&D for what they are, it made it a lot easier to enjoy. Last week had a bunch of errors that annoyed me, but overall I'm happy with the season so far even if it is rushed. 

And this is a show. Anyone expecting the show to have the details of the books hasn’t read enough books and adaptations of books to television. Is actually unbelievably impressive that they were able to keep the detail from the books for so long. But the GoT got too big, the show created A-list stars who I’m sure are ready to move on. And I’m glad they aren’t matching it on like the Walking Dead. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I did consider what you wrote and responded w/o condensation.

"Jaime and Cersei have equal parts love and hate for each other. I wanted to see that play out....."

Okay. Fine. Play it out for us. How should it have been portrayed? And this: "I wanted to see something like Arya killing Cersei at her absolute most vulnerable point while wearing Jaime's face, and Jaime to die over her corpse"

Has nothing to do with their character story lines. Thats you making things up.

Cersei is on Arya's list. That's pretty clearly part of the storyline. You're just being kind of a jerk because I didn't like a show you did.

The reactions are both hilarious and disturbing. If posted already, apologies. Catching up to recent posts. 

This guy has put some interesting vids up, but man, he needs some emo support and advise against giving so in to the base emotions. LOL

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

It shows severe regression in perhaps Westeros’ most politically astute player. 

He had time to plot a contingency plan from the beginning of season 6, when he first started having doubts about Dany. Even if you want to say he didn’t have a realistic alternative at that point, he still has time to work towards her downfall without being such an idiot about it. 

Whatever though, it’s not like I expected better. Just disappointed with the way they’ve made the most complex and interesting characters in this world flat and boring. 

Well, its pretty heavily implied at the start of the episode that he is trying to poison Dany... So its not like he didnt try.

• Like 2

Just now, nagahide13 said:

Cersei is on Arya's list. That's pretty clearly part of the storyline. You're just being kind of a jerk because I didn't like a show you did.

You may have noted tht Arya didnt actually kill everybody that was on her list.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Obviously how quickly the show is going is a valid complaint. But all the complaints that the story isnt following your particular theory (especially book theories) are irrelevant imo.

To be fair, though, the pace of the show is making any story twist hard to justify as earned, it's just one version that D&D have chosen.   It's probably why there's so much criticism there, because there's nothing to pin the twist to, at least nothing to the depth we're used to seeing.   It feels very convenient, and less hard-earned.  That's in direct contrast to S8E2, where pretty much every character moment was played off prior moments.    I get the reasons for it and the limitations that D&D have as writers (and face to wrap up the story), but it's hard not to separate the speed/lack of depth for each turn now, given the momentous events that are happening one after the other.   

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He was improvising, and breaking away from the OL that couldn't contain Drogon's rush.  Kinda seemed in-character to me.

Him getting decimated with all his cronies by his opponent seemed on par for the course id say

last nights episode was visually amazing

I think people are being a little too harsh with the criticism of the season..sure the writing/pacing is lacking, but its still top notch-TV. trying my best to watch it with my brain turned off and just enjoy to spectacle of the show. I must be in the acceptance stage lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, amac said:

Varys' ending was weak, as I think he was too cunning to have his plan unraveled and himself executed so quickly. But I thought everything else about the episode was awesome

To be fair, the plan unraveled when he told Tyrion of his misgivings about Dany with the Aegon reveal.   It didn't matter afterwards, once he let Tyrion know of his misgivings, it was only a matter of time before he'd get caught.  Showing him approach Jon in the open was lazy writing, but that's inevitable given the 2-eps-left status of the show.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, its pretty heavily implied at the start of the episode that he is trying to poison Dany... So its not like he didnt try.

How did I miss that.

Past the monitoring her eating, can you expand on this @Matts4313? Can't re-watch the beginning at work

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

How? 

Because from the start of episode one through the entire show Jaime has stated repeatedly that the only thing he lives for is Cersi. There has been 0 variation from that. The closest you could make an argument for is that he went to fight the dead, but even then he ran home to her the first sight of trouble. 

At no point in the show did it ever seem like he would kill her. Obviously the books are different. 

At what point in any of the episodes did it show Arya as the one to kill the NK besides what the Red Lady told her with Sandor?

Her debating with herself about whether to let the Mountain kill him in season 7, on top of him having the conversation with Tyrion about what a monster shes become just 2 episodes showed he had completely soured on her. To top that off it showed making love to Brienne.

Edited by Calvert28