Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, pwny said:

You’re welcome to feel that way, but this story was always a takedown of war, and has always been about how power corrupts not only the rulers, but those around them, and was always leading towards ending with a structure in place that the wheel would be completely destroyed. 

In interviews he said he knew the ending and it would be different for secondary characters, but largely the same for the main characters. I can't imagine he'd consider Bran a secondary character.

I had no issue on how it ended, just on how it got to the ending. This was a show that i enjoyed the filler episodes, and the last 2 seasons needed it. You can't say that about most TV shows. People were going to be upset no matter how it ended.  I always said, I dont care who ended up on the iron throne as long as my favorites survived. And they did.

• Like 2

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I didnt get that at all first time. That makes sense with the gate thing though. Who's manning the wall? Anyone fix that giant hole?

Did you not notice KL? Walls and stuff heal themselves.

Just like Dothraki.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pwny said:

You’re welcome to feel that way, but this story was always a takedown of war, and has always been about how power corrupts not only the rulers, but those around them, and was always leading towards ending with a structure in place that the wheel would be completely destroyed. 

You think a lack of heirs won't lead to wars when the Lords inevitably disagree on who should become King?  This is still Westeros.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

You think a lack of heirs won't lead to wars when the Lords inevitably disagree on who should become King?  This is still Westeros.

Exactly. If this was a real life country you would have war in probably less than 100 years.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I dont have a problem with the overarching story at all. I have a massive problem with Bran being king because "he knows a bunch of stories", Arya going all Ferdinand Magellan because...she spent two seasons being trained as an assassin and always showed a great love for exploration? Everything outside of Jon killing Dany was pretty terrible. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In interviews he said he knew the ending and it would be different for secondary characters, but largely the same for the main characters. I can't imagine he'd consider Bran a secondary character.

He’s also said that the way everyone views the show as a grand spectacle of war and terror weren’t getting the actual message of the show. It was after I saw that, I started throwing Bran as king around on the forum. It made too much sense when you view it through that lens.

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

You're assuming that once bran dies which could be 40+ years from.now that they wouldn't be able to agree on someone. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

I have a massive problem with Bran being king because "he knows a bunch of stories",

That’s not why he’s king. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I dont have a problem with the overarching story at all. I have a massive problem with Bran being king because "he knows a bunch of stories", Arya going all Ferdinand Magellan because...she spent two seasons being trained as an assassin and always showed a great love for exploration? Everything outside of Jon killing Dany was pretty terrible. 

I guess Arya hinted going west before.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dontestallworth/status/1130272636246921216?s=21