NFL Kickoff GDT: Falcons @ Eagles

TheVillain112

Who wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Eagles
    • Falcons

39 minutes ago, showtime said:

There was a play on the final drive of the game where Matt Ryan slid down and took a sack when it looked like he could have throw the ball away.  It's weird. 

He was channeling his inner Eli Manning Deer in Headlights tuck and roll technique. 

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

At some point the Eagles  RZ Defense deserves some credit too, Just saying? They were phenomenal last year at that as well.

This NFL gen, my friend. We don't build up teams and give credit to players and teams unless it's ridiculously hyperbolic. Otherwise, we are all about tearing down in here :P

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

At some point the Eagles  RZ Defense deserves some credit too, Just saying? They were phenomenal last year at that as well.

With the way the Falcons offense was moving the ball on them at will, this is more an indictment on the Falcons offense. I mean, you could literally see them fold and just completely lose momentum, confidence, playcalling, creativity, the ability to think etc..as soon as they get inside the red.

And this isn't to discredit the Eagles defense in anyway...

14 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

With the way the Falcons offense was moving the ball on them at will, this is more an indictment on the Falcons offense. I mean, you could literally see them fold and just completely lose momentum, confidence, playcalling, creativity, the ability to think etc..as soon as they get inside the red.

And this isn't to discredit the Eagles defense in anyway...

While I don't necessarily disagree, there is a reason the Eagles "Had" last year and possibly still do this season the Best RZ Defense in the NFL. 

Which is not to say what you described wasn't the truth as well.

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Absolutely the Eagles RZ defense deserves a lot of praise, but at the end of the day this Falcons offense simply has way too much talent to squander so many RZ opportunities like they did.  Its the same old story as last year; they can move the ball at will between the 20's but once they get in the RZ TD's become very hard to come by.  That is something they are going to HAVE to sort out (and quickly) if they want to have any chance in the loaded NFC this year.  Luckily Atlanta will not be facing as good a RZ defense as the Eagles again this season. 

I suppose it also should be pointed out that both of these teams were very rusty offensively owing to having played so little in preseason (and typically offenses take much longer into the season to get up to speed than defenses do).

Give credit to Atlanta's defense as well.  They played well enough to win this game and held Foles and Co to pretty much nothing through 2.5 quarters, but is there any way possible that they can EVER stop a single 2-point conversion?  Please???  If I were coaching against the Falcons I'd go for two on every single TD because they absolutely NEVER stop it.

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Credit the Eagles redzone defense because Matt Ryan threw every single pass out of bounds on that last drive?  After the game, I saw some Eagles reporter on Twitter talk about Darby vs Jones on the last play of the game and how he stopped Jones.  I'm reading it like... man.... What does that play have to do with Darby?  Darby had zero impact.  Jones actually caught the ball, but Ryan threw it so far out of bounds that Jones had no chance to come down in bounds.

I don't give the Eagles redzone defense almost any credit.  Atlanta is terrible in the redzone and this has been well documented before the season started.  Ryan was horrendous.  They could have been playing against the worst defense in the league and if Ryan is constantly throwing passes out of bounds then they won't even have a chance to score.

38 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

To be fair, less room to put the double move on Jalen Mills so we're better defending in the redzone

I liked how sidney looked last night I think at some point this year mills will lose his job to him.

Archived