What should the Bills do at QB?

Apparition

Petermania, All in with Allen, or ????  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Petermania, All in with Allen, or ????

• Ride it out with Peterman until Allen is ready to take over
    • Bite the bullet and let Allen take his lumps
    • Bring someone in via trade or free agency

Just now, ET80 said:

Behind that OL - you almost need to go with Peterman just to save Allen from that kind of beating, but Peterman isn't going to win a game. 

If you're really trying to win, Allen. If you're buying into a tank, Peterman. He's not going to win a game in the NFL.

Gotta be careful not to lose the locker-room or the fan base.
Its gotta be hard to get it up for Peterman

Peterman is nothing but a placeholder, though I think Bills will start him for as long as they can just to protect the rookie before the media and fans demand a change.  My guess is we'll see Allen start after the bye in week 11 for the remaining 6 games.

I would say ride Peterman to pick #1 but that product would be so bad it could seriously damage the fanbase longterm.

There is one QB on the market that shall not be named who would be a serious upgrade but the circus would likely be too much. And in reality he may be good enough to vault them to 5-6 wins and take them out of the Bosa race, but at the same time isnt nearly good enough to piggyback them into the playoffs, so everything consitered he likely wouldnt be worth the trouble. And to add who knows if he is even in football shape.

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They should just ride the wave to the 1st pick and get Bosa. Then sign a solid vet QB. Allen won't be ready til 2020 IMO. And I still don't think hes a Franchise QB. 

So in other words, they should "Kizer" him. Toss him to the wolves. If they do - hope they dont destroy him.
IMO Peterman is a really, really, really hard sell. The guys been pulled from has last two start due to overwhelming incompetence. If he doesnt make a 180 degree turnaround - thats not gonna go well at all. So to answer the general question - I've no good suggestions what they should do.

If I'm the Bills, I'm letting Peterman play until week 6 at least.  As bad as he's been, I don't think it's fair to him to trot him out against the Ravens, Chargers, and Vikings and then sit him.

Give him a chance to play against the Packers, Titans, and Texans at least.  After 6 weeks, then switch to Josh Allen if he's still hopeless...

46 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Gotta be careful not to lose the locker-room or the fan base.
Its gotta be hard to get it up for Peterman

The Bills fanbase is going nowhere. Longest playoff drought up until last season - and Bills Mafia still setting tables on fire before diving head first through them.

I'll never go full heel turn on the Bills Mafia because they're so damn passionate. They're in for eternity.

Play Allen.  See how he works, copes, his potential. And if nothing else, theyll be in position to draft the top qb next year. Then have Allen to play while the next guy matures and can take time with.

We see teams giving up a first all the time for a unproven player. So using 2-1st on qbs to find a starter that pans out doesnt seem like a big deal to me.

Archived