Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

1 hour ago, Danger said:
1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

We have the AFC north next year right? 

NFC west as well I think. 

Ugh. I hate going to the west coast.

So that does mean a 1st place schedule right, so what SF and Seattle? I'll assume since Seattle came to us this year, We'll get SF at the Linc and go to Seattle?

The good thing if there is one to playing the AFCN is two less game with hrs of travel time.

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So that does mean a 1st place schedule right, so what SF and Seattle? I'll assume since Seattle came to us this year, We'll get SF at the Linc and go to Seattle?

The good thing if there is one to playing the AFCN is two less game with hrs of travel time.

Seattle came to us this year purely for the divisonal standing opponents. They are on divisional rotation this year. i.e. we play the NFC West next season, but we played the NFC North this year.

It depends where we played Seattle in 2017 which dictates this being home or away. I know we play at home against the Rams, but I don't recall the rest of the NFC West Home/Away next season.

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Seattle came to us this year purely for the divisonal standing opponents. They are on divisional rotation this year. i.e. we play the NFC West next season, but we played the NFC North this year.

It depends where we played Seattle in 2017 which dictates this being home or away. I know we play at home against the Rams, but I don't recall the rest of the NFC West Home/Away next season.

seahawks come to philly again next year they share the same destinations as the rams. 

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Schedule in 2020 is:

Home

• Cowboys/Giants/Skins
  • Rams
  • Seahawks
  • Ravens
  • Bengals
  • Packers (finished in same divisional order)

Away

• Cowboys/Giants/Skins
  • 49ers
  • Cardinals
  • Browns
  • Steelers
  • Saints (finished in same divisional order)

That's fricken rough. Rams, Seahawks, Ravens, Packers, 49ers, Saints...eesh

5 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

That’s tough going to have to hit on some roster additions

Yeah we need to get guys that can make a play on their own. Whether that be DBs who will get turnovers, DLinemen who will rush with speed, or most importantly...WRs that can take a 7 yard pass and make it 21 yards with ease, and always a threat to take it to the house.

We can’t nickel and dime our way to 12 wins next year. We couldn’t even do it this year with one of the easiest SoS

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah we need to get guys that can make a play on their own. Whether that be DBs who will get turnovers, DLinemen who will rush with speed, or most importantly...WRs that can take a 7 yard pass and make it 21 yards with ease, and always a threat to take it to the house.

We can’t nickel and dime our way to 12 wins next year. We couldn’t even do it this year with one of the easiest SoS

We almost need Peters to retire after this season so we can afford some quality FA's, but I bet he comes back and doesn't take much of a discount.

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We almost need Peters to retire after this season so we can afford some quality FA's, but I bet he comes back and doesn't take much of a discount.

We will have over 40 million in cap and this is the year to go ALL OUT in free agency before the CBA expires. We need to replenish the building blocks on our team and get away from the comp pick strategy since we already sacrificed one year for that. When Howie took back over his position he put emphasis on getting franchise players and I think we need to add more as he did back then. 

Chris Jones, yannick, Amari Cooper, Corey Littleton, justin simmons 

is on my wish list 

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hopefully he does, remember in training camp he said he might play guard if it means playing longer. 

Howie told us this whole trade season certain items were too expensive. I’d imagine that was because he wanted that roll over money. He better be willing to spend this offseason. I’m not saying he didn’t do a good enough job last offseason but new issues have arose and some money needs to be thrown around. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Howie told us this whole trade season certain items were too expensive. I’d imagine that was because he wanted that roll over money. He better be willing to spend this offseason. I’m not saying he didn’t do a good enough job last offseason but new issues have arose and some money needs to be thrown around. 

Definitely the plan to roll the money, but wasn’t part of it because everyone’s contracts were hitting next year at a high number? Like I know Wentz’ cap hit is a lot for the first time.

I think it allows flexibility to add people, but I don’t think we will be able to throw money at the problems with ease.