Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

No chance! If Brady left (Hes not) Belicheck will do exactly what Tom is attempting to do. Prove he can Win without the other. 

With all of the FA QB that will be available,  he'd get his choice, take em and still win the AFCE. He's the 1st Rd Bust Collector! Probably sign , Wibston, Mariota and or Rosen, make them battle it out and turn one or both into a viable QB!

I agree BB could turn all those QBs into via options because his defenses are that good. I was more talking about McDaniels staying put and taking over for BB than I was BB leaving  

7 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I agree BB could turn all those QBs into via options because his defenses are that good. I was more talking about McDaniels staying put and taking over for BB than I was BB leaving  

It won't be 2020 though, especially if Brady leaves!

4 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Yeah they need someone who can command the room. Not sure if McDaniels is that guy. I mean he has the credentials but imo the jury is still out on his ability to call offense or even lead. 

I think they definitely need an adult in the room, someone who has had success before. They can’t hire college guys or guys who haven’t. Fails everytime. Rivera would have been good but McCarthy, while not sexy, might be the best fit.

Josh’s system isn’t all that great and he’s had Tom for his whole successful part of his career. Him and Baker won’t work.

The sooner the Browns realize they are the browns and can’t change that fact with one season...the sooner they might stop being a joke.

4 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if BB called it quits (if they don't resign TB12) and the reigns are handed off to McDaniels. 

I think they both might want to try to prove they can do it with out the other for a bit. BB is a nut, I don’t see him walking away til he truly can’t do it anymore. Could see him being done with Kraft and trying to leave. A lot of people are tossing around Brady leaving to go to a ready team like the Chargers or something.

craziest scenario:  the Browns trade their 1st+ for BB, Brady leaves to go to SD. And then McDaniels stays in New England and drafts a QB with that pick to start. 

I shoveled dirt on Brady before. I’m not doing that again. He had zero offensive weapons this year. All they needed was for AB not to be a complete nutcase and they’re at least going to the conference game. Don’t let them load up on offense this offseason and make a pitch for Brady to stay in NE. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I shoveled dirt on Brady before. I’m not doing that again. He had zero offensive weapons this year. All they needed was for AB not to be a complete nutcase and they’re at least going to the conference game. Don’t let them load up on offense this offseason and make a pitch for Brady to stay in NE. 

I wonder which is more likely at this point 

Bill/Tom/Josh all stay. They sign Ebron, AJ Green and draft Reagor/OLineman  in the 1st two rounds.

or

Tom leaves and goes to the Chargers for two years, Josh gets a job elsewhere (which will be a failure). Bill signs Andy Dalton and tries to salvage things.

or my favorite whatif 

Tom stays, but the browns trade two first round picks and Landry (if you can trade players in these) for Belichick. Pats then draft Herbert Or Tua if he comes out with the Browns pick and someone like Reagor With their own. And McDaniels tries to actually make a good offense.

the tone of things yesterday makes me think the middle one

6 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I really think Brady goes elsewhere. He put his house on the market months ago. I can see Gisele with her finger in his face saying she's not spending another winter in Boston. LA would be my guess.

Yeah the Charger just make too much sense. 
Rivers and them seem done, he supposedly wants to go back to the southeast. (So maybe the Panthers?)

Tom would have weapons and a defense to help carry him. Chargers get a marketable face to sell the public on as the move into their new stadium with the Rams.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah the Charger just make too much sense. 
Rivers and them seem done, he supposedly wants to go back to the southeast. (So maybe the Panthers?)

Tom would have weapons and a defense to help carry him. Chargers get a marketable face to sell the public on as the move into their new stadium with the Rams.

I really just don't see him and BB separating. Get that guy some receivers in the offseason and they are back in play for the 1 seed in 2020 -2021

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

I really just don't see him and BB separating. Get that guy some receivers in the offseason and they are back in play for the 1 seed in 2020 -2021

Certainly possible 

Biggest thing we don’t truly know, how much does being the better one of the two of them mean? Do they both want to win a ring without the other to prove they were the better of the two? 

The tone of things yesterday that they were done I think.

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I really think Brady goes elsewhere. He put his house on the market months ago. I can see Gisele with her finger in his face saying she's not spending another winter in Boston. LA would be my guess.

Denver for 1 year (Decent team/Trendy City to live in/Thin air to help Tom not lose zip during home games/2 hour flight to L.A. by private Jet)

Or wherever McDaniels signs, if they are homies

Edited by Jeezla