GDT - Prime Time - Browns to ground the Jets

brooks1957

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s about the most interesting thing zegura has ever done. Other than that he’s a complete generic bore. Dustin is a F boy but he’s at least got an original thought in his head. 

Matt Wilhelm once criticized Dustin when I was talking to him for being the exact opposite of what you just said. Mind you, Wilhelm worked alongside Zegura, and I have to agree with Matt that Nathan is far better.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I mean, we had BBC last year too. Now all of a sudden he can play FS after never once trying him there last year?

Well BBC had a bigger role as being one of the main corners. This year that role has great shrunk because of all the additions. So this year Gregg can experiment with him at FS. 

Who is the more productive receiver for you guys, Higgins or Callaway? Or should I say, moving forward, who stands to get the most work?  When is Baker gonna get the chance to make this offense go? You guys have a good defense and weapons on offense and Tyrod isn’t going to take you where you rightfully deserve to be! 

41 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Who is the more productive receiver for you guys, Higgins or Callaway? Or should I say, moving forward, who stands to get the most work?  When is Baker gonna get the chance to make this offense go? You guys have a good defense and weapons on offense and Tyrod isn’t going to take you where you rightfully deserve to be! 

I'm gonna give the edge to Callaway. Based on sheer talent, Antonio takes the cake, but they sort of fill different roles within the receiving corps. Callaway still has room for improvement, but he's so incredibly talented, whereas Higgins will never be more than a WR3.

I don't expect Baker to get some play until Taylor's production plateaus and he doesn't put us into position to win. He's definitely not bringing out the full potential of this offense, but they knew what they were getting. He's done just enough to give this team a chance thus far. As the offense continues to gel and build chemistry, it gives Baker a better opportunity to succeed, and that's what they're attempting to build with this O-line featuring a UDFA and new free agent RT, along with an entirely new offensive scheme.

Anybody remember the last game the Browns won in convincing fashion? Like that didnt require nailbiting down the stretch and last second FGs or blocked FGs or hail marys?

I honestly cant. 

**edit**

Just looked up the last time the Browns won a game by 3+ possessions was..................November 6th, 2014 vs the Bengals. 24-3.

It has almost been 4 years since the Browns have won a football game by 3 possessions. 4 years!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Anybody remember the last game the Browns won in convincing fashion? Like that didnt require nailbiting down the stretch and last second FGs or blocked FGs or hail marys?

I honestly cant. 

**edit**

Just looked up the last time the Browns won a game by 3+ possessions was..................November 6th, 2014 vs the Bengals. 24-3.

It has almost been 4 years since the Browns have won a football game by 3 possessions. 4 years!!!!!!!

It is sad more than surprising.

5 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Nathan Zegura did what we all do every week. Trouble is - he ain't supposed to do that. Gone for 8 weeks.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2018/09/browns-sideline-radio-reporter-nathan-zegura-removed-from-broadcasts-for-arguing-with-official/

I really like Nathan so I hope this doesn’t mean he is in trouble with management 

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I honestly cant. 

**edit**

Sheesh... I was at that game, it was down here in Cincy.  

How’s it been 4 years already? ? 

We need "shouldn't have started his first year" Sam Darnold to show up tonight... he is likely going to have a bad game (hopefully) ... looking terrible at times...

He still will be a great QB despite how many victory laps Team Baker Truthers take tonight after every bad Darnold snap...

We are favored to win...

This is the most MUST-WIN game we've had in years as the Jets are starting a rookie QB....

This is our time...

Archived