GDT - Prime Time - Browns to ground the Jets

brooks1957

7 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

With Kirksy out tonight.....I would like to see Gregg Unleash the Big Nickle.....we should start our 4 normal Dlineman (sans Ogbah...nice mix of Smith and Avery), Jo Show and Collins Jr. at LB and then go with Randle and Kindred at the FS and SS and Peppers at the Nickle safety and  a healthy dose of Boddy Callhoun when we go to the dime.....with Randle, BBC, Peppers and Kindred on the field...one would NEVER know who's Blitzing, who's dropping to a zone, or who locks up man to man.....

How nice it is to actually have flexability...Hopefully this is what we see.  I like the idea of having 2 SS's out there in Kindred and Peppers and have Kindred play a more traditional roll with peppers closer to the line most snaps.

10 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Dude he’s talkin about you 

Eh, Mind has been at least somewhat measured. I still disagree with him, but I think that's mostly because we've both settled on what is most important about Darnold's game and whether or not the weaknesses will go away or lessen to insignificance and so now we just view current progress slightly differently.

7 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

With Kirksy out tonight.....I would like to see Gregg Unleash the Big Nickle.....we should start our 4 normal Dlineman (sans Ogbah...nice mix of Smith and Avery), Jo Show and Collins Jr. at LB and then go with Randle and Kindred at the FS and SS and Peppers at the Nickle safety and  a healthy dose of Boddy Callhoun when we go to the dime.....with Randle, BBC, Peppers and Kindred on the field...one would NEVER know who's Blitzing, who's dropping to a zone, or who locks up man to man.....

rs_634x411-150310104011-chuck-norris-app

I'm still obviously on "Team Darnold" in that if we had the chance to make a redo right now, I'd trade Baker even up for Sam. That said, I've liked what I've seen from Baker and am optimistic about his future. I think that Baker is in a MUCH better situation than Darnold is right now with a lot more around him...I also think that Sam is getting MUCH better coaching with a more rookie friendly playbook that while probably expand towards the end of the season and certainly into 2019. If Baker doesn't succeed, unlike past Browns QBs, it's solely on him and not his supporting cast.

58 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Thoughts: Early stuff was meh, quick screen, three yard crosser that he threw behind the RB, overthrew the sideline throw by 3 yards. The 4th throw was good placement but if the WR doesn't drop it and immediately hit the deck he's getting ANNIHILATED by the safety. Quick screen, quick out that should've been 4th down but Enunwa makes a special effort play. Interception directly into the chest of a barely-moving defender. And then a slant that's so low his guy has to slide to catch it and has NO YAC potential. In the first three minutes of the video I think his only targets past 5 yards downfield are an incompletion that almost got a WR killed and an interception. If a Browns QB had that kind of first quarter, we would be SCREAMING that he was a massive bust.

He has three really solid throws after that, but it's the same as all of us who had someone else #1 were saying, he is a super streaky passer right now, and maybe, hopefully for the Jets, eventually the good streaks will be far longer than the bad, but for now, it's only good, not great. Like, it was solid for a rookie, but it's not this "omg, everyone should be so angry they passed on him, clearly GOAT of the forever future spoeuwoihwrbesfhuwe drool making keyboard malfuncoirtwhkjsdhs" that I keep seeing on here and twitter. I think at this point it's just confirmation bias. If you loved him, you see the good streaks and the YAC on LoS throws and say he's awesome. If you were more concerned about him, you see the picks and the innaccurate throws to open guys and the fact that his best period of the game came against prevent (down two scores, end of game) are concerned that he'll top out at "good, but not top 8" level. (Like I've said the whole time, Darnold would've been my #1 pick in 2017 or 2016, I think he'll be quite good). Currently he seems like a guy who makes some really special throws, and then misses some easy "keep the O on schedule" ones.

Enunwa does look really good. 

Yeah he didn't complete a lot of "NFL throws" but that has been all year including preseason. That was a big complaint with Mayfield the prospect.

I said it then and I'll say it now, 90% of "NFL throws" are within 10 yards of the LOS.

I think most expect Darnold to be good, I do. I think Carson Palmer type stats when he is done.

16 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

With Kirksy out tonight.....I would like to see Gregg Unleash the Big Nickle.....

Ive been wanting to see that for 18 weeks now ? 

16 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

we should start our 4 normal Dlineman (sans Ogbah...nice mix of Smith and Avery), Jo Show and Collins Jr. at LB and then go with Randle and Kindred at the FS and SS and Peppers at the Nickle safety and  a healthy dose of Boddy Callhoun when we go to the dime.....with Randle, BBC, Peppers and Kindred on the field...one would NEVER know who's Blitzing, who's dropping to a zone, or who locks up man to man.....

Agreed, there’s a lot of versatility there.

46 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:
should have never let desir go. 

I am still pissed about this. Like, not constantly, but every time I am reminded that he is now a really solid CB. Everyone watching saw that the kid had awesome potential and was making real, steady progress. And we didn't drop him because we had some glut of CBs or anything. Just another stupid regime change/new coach roster churn casualty. 

24 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Dude he’s talkin about you 

My opinions on Darnold Vs Mayfield have not changed since the end of the scouting process.

I had Darnold as QB1 by a wide margin and the number 1 overall prospect in the draft... a HOF caliber blue chip prospect that will struggle mightily in year 1.

I had Baker as QB3 with what amounted to a close grade to Josh Rosen which made Mayfield my number 11 overall prospect in the draft... a pro-bowl upside player and top 10 NFL QB prospect that will be the best of the rookie QBs year 1 but fall down the list as time goes on..

Nothing that has happened in preseason or game 1-2 has changed my opinion on either of them... and it's not likely to change in game 3-16 either...

King Sam is still King Sam...and Baker is still the Leader of men savior hero the Truthers deserve....

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm still obviously on "Team Darnold" in that if we had the chance to make a redo right now, I'd trade Baker even up for Sam. That said, I've liked what I've seen from Baker and am optimistic about his future. I think that Baker is in a MUCH better situation than Darnold is right now with a lot more around him...I also think that Sam is getting MUCH better coaching with a more rookie friendly playbook that while probably expand towards the end of the season and certainly into 2019. If Baker doesn't succeed, unlike past Browns QBs, it's solely on him and not his supporting cast.

We honestly don't have more weapons than the Jets. It is almost a mirror image.

Enunwa-Landry
Anderson-Callaway
Kearse-Higgins
Crowell-Hyde
Powell-Duke
TE-TE

Tell me there is a big difference.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

I am still pissed about this. Like, not constantly, but every time I am reminded that he is now a really solid CB. Everyone watching saw that the kid had awesome potential and was making real, steady progress. And we didn't drop him because we had some glut of CBs or anything. Just another stupid regime change/new coach roster churn casualty

We could field a pretty decent team full of these.

Better than the actual teams we’ve fielded anyway...

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Enunwa-Landry
Anderson-Callaway
Kearse-Higgins
Crowell-Hyde
Powell-Duke
TE-TE

Landry is MUCH better than Enunwa

Anderson so far is better than Callaway, but that may change.

Kease and Higgins is probably a push.

We got rid of Crowell for Hyde, so in theory Hyde is better, but...Browns...so who knows

Duke is better than Powell.

Njoku should be better than (Looks it up) Neal Sterling? Eric Tomlinson?

I'd also take our OL over theirs, but I suppose we shall see tonight.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Enunwa-Landry
Anderson-Callaway
Kearse-Higgins
Crowell-Hyde
Powell-Duke
TE-TE

When factoring in what a QB has around them... the defense has to be factored in as well.

The Jets have more offensive versatility in skill positions... as they have Pryor who's a real big play threat and has displayed that this season. They also have 3 pass catching TEs in Herndon, Tomlinson, and Leggett/Sterling.

Kearse is better than Higgins by a good margin IMO.

Their OLine is the issue.

The Browns have less quality depth and big play threats at the offensive skill positions and WR specifically.... but have the better OLine...OLine is more critical IMO when some skill position players between the two teams are comparable..

Archived