GDT - Prime Time - Browns to ground the Jets

brooks1957

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We need "shouldn't have started his first year" Sam Darnold to show up tonight... he is likely going to have a bad game (hopefully) ... looking terrible at times...

He still will be a great QB despite how many victory laps Team Baker Truthers take tonight after every bad Darnold snap...

We are favored to win...

This is the most MUST-WIN game we've had in years as the Jets are starting a rookie QB....

This is our time...

We have Darnold at a good time. This early on, we should throw some good stuff at him that he hasn’t seen yet and fool him a few times into giving us the ball back.

That’s the hope anyway.

42 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

We have Darnold at a good time. This early on, we should throw some good stuff at him that he hasn’t seen yet and fool him a few times into giving us the ball back.

That’s the hope anyway.

Our defense has looked tough against two playoff teams who both went off in their other games. I expect the defense to wreak havoc and our offense to do enough. 27-10 Browns. 

23 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We need "shouldn't have started his first year" Sam Darnold to show up tonight... he is likely going to have a bad game (hopefully) ... looking terrible at times...

He still will be a great QB despite how many victory laps Team Baker Truthers take tonight after every bad Darnold snap...

We are favored to win...

This is the most MUST-WIN game we've had in years as the Jets are starting a rookie QB....

This is our time...

Hedgehog-in-garden.jpg

34 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We are favored to win...

This is our time...

stated in a different fashion, cleveland browns fans happy that the opposing QB hopefully does poorly against us

Quincy Enunwa is a Special impact player...

TP is coming along in that offense... with Kearse, Robby Anderson, and Chris Herndon... they do a lot of good 4 wide... 5 wide alignments to simplify the defensive picture for Darnold...

This is going to be a tough fought game.. .the Jets are a tough as nails team...

They lost to Miami, but they had a good offensive game plan....

If TP doesn't run the wrong route... that game is a one touchdown game and the momentum swing back to Miami from a endzone INT changes the complexion of the game likely in the Jets favor...would've been 20-13 game...

This game could expose our 3rd-5th CBs....

Their RBs are given a lot of angle routes in isolation with LBs... could be some huge chunk plays...

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Insert Darnold Video Here

Thoughts: Early stuff was meh, quick screen, three yard crosser that he threw behind the RB, overthrew the sideline throw by 3 yards. The 4th throw was good placement but if the WR doesn't drop it and immediately hit the deck he's getting ANNIHILATED by the safety. Quick screen, quick out that should've been 4th down but Enunwa makes a special effort play. Interception directly into the chest of a barely-moving defender. And then a slant that's so low his guy has to slide to catch it and has NO YAC potential. In the first three minutes of the video I think his only targets past 5 yards downfield are an incompletion that almost got a WR killed and an interception. If a Browns QB had that kind of first quarter, we would be SCREAMING that he was a massive bust.

He has three really solid throws after that, but it's the same as all of us who had someone else #1 were saying, he is a super streaky passer right now, and maybe, hopefully for the Jets, eventually the good streaks will be far longer than the bad, but for now, it's only good, not great. Like, it was solid for a rookie, but it's not this "omg, everyone should be so angry they passed on him, clearly GOAT of the forever future spoeuwoihwrbesfhuwe drool making keyboard malfuncoirtwhkjsdhs" that I keep seeing on here and twitter. I think at this point it's just confirmation bias. If you loved him, you see the good streaks and the YAC on LoS throws and say he's awesome. If you were more concerned about him, you see the picks and the innaccurate throws to open guys and the fact that his best period of the game came against prevent (down two scores, end of game) are concerned that he'll top out at "good, but not top 8" level. (Like I've said the whole time, Darnold would've been my #1 pick in 2017 or 2016, I think he'll be quite good). Currently he seems like a guy who makes some really special throws, and then misses some easy "keep the O on schedule" ones.

Enunwa does look really good. 

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Quincy Enunwa is a Special impact player...

TP is coming along in that offense... with Kearse, Robby Anderson, and Chris Herndon... they do a lot of good 4 wide... 5 wide alignments to simplify the defensive picture for Darnold...

This is going to be a tough fought game.. .the Jets are a tough as nails team...

They lost to Miami, but they had a good offensive game plan....

If TP doesn't run the wrong route... that game is a one touchdown game and the momentum swing back to Miami from a endzone INT changes the complexion of the game likely in the Jets favor...would've been 20-13 game...

This game could expose our 3rd-5th CBs....

Their RBs are given a lot of angle routes in isolation with LBs... could be some huge chunk plays...

If the Saints couldn’t expose our defense with a full week to prepare with the likes of Brees,Thomas, Ginn, and Kamara. I don’t see the Jets doing as much with a short week, less talent, and on the road. 

@freakygeniuskid 

28 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Like, it was solid for a rookie, but it's not this "omg, everyone should be so angry they passed on him, clearly GOAT of the forever future spoeuwoihwrbesfhuwe drool making keyboard malfuncoirtwhkjsdhs" that I keep seeing on here and twitter

Those reacting like that are the deaf, blind, and easily swayed masses that likely never analyzed things clearly in the first place... those reactions are irrelevant.

I think a lot of your analysis of the Dolphins game is right on, but I disagree with a fair bit as well.

If a person is looking for clear evidence that passing on Sam Darnold for Baker Mayfield was the RIGHT or WRONG move, that evidence won't likely exists in their Rookie years and not in the first 2-3 games of their career, especially for the reason that like Patrick Mahomes, Sam Darnold should have never played his first year IMO as the youngest QB.

I disagree in the assessment that Darnold is a streaky passer... he was on time and pinpoint accurate more often than not by a wide margin... he had some bad throws and misidentifications of the defense that were costly like the INT to McDonald... while he made a lot of bad plays...the WRs/TEs ran wrong routes or had drop issues... overall it was an average game with flashes of brilliance and the issues that Sam displayed a few months ago in College..

To me, that's all to be expected...

Will be interesting to take an eye in the sky view of Darnold and Mayfield mid-way through their second season...

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

@freakygeniuskid 

Those reacting like that are the deaf, blind, and easily swayed masses that likely never analyzed things clearly in the first place... those reactions are irrelevant.

I think a lot of your analysis of the Dolphins game is right on, but I disagree with a fair bit as well.

If a person is looking for clear evidence that passing on Sam Darnold for Baker Mayfield was the RIGHT or WRONG move, that evidence won't likely exists in their Rookie years and not in the first 2-3 games of their career, especially for the reason that like Patrick Mahomes, Sam Darnold should have never played his first year IMO as the youngest QB.

I disagree in the assessment that Darnold is a streaky passer... he was on time and pinpoint accurate more often than not by a wide margin... he had some bad throws and misidentifications of the defense that were costly like the INT to McDonald... while he made a lot of bad plays...the WRs/TEs ran wrong routes or had drop issues... overall it was an average game with flashes of brilliance and the issues that Sam displayed a few months ago in College..

To me, that's all to be expected...

Will be interesting to take an eye in the sky view of Darnold and Mayfield mid-way through their second season...

Dude he’s talkin about you 

20 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Not that it matters a ton but I think Randall was questionable instead of doubtful.  I really hope Randall and Landry an play.

Ogbah we played pretty well without, I was hoping it would mean more Avery but I guess not based on the saints game.

Devalve is whatever, hopefully he will play for us eventually this season.

Kirksey we can play without, I always like how Burgess plays when he gets the chance.

Randall is a difference maker in our secondary, I REALLY hope he can go.  Landry obviously with Gordon down we need.

With Kirksy out tonight.....I would like to see Gregg Unleash the Big Nickle.....we should start our 4 normal Dlineman (sans Ogbah...nice mix of Smith and Avery), Jo Show and Collins Jr. at LB and then go with Randle and Kindred at the FS and SS and Peppers at the Nickle safety and  a healthy dose of Boddy Callhoun when we go to the dime.....with Randle, BBC, Peppers and Kindred on the field...one would NEVER know who's Blitzing, who's dropping to a zone, or who locks up man to man.....

Archived