NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

I was going to start this as a separate topic but I think here is more appropriate.  It seems extremely unlikely but what if the Cardinals pass on Kyler Murray after all?  It would throw such a spanner (wrench) in the workings of the first round.

My questions then are, how far does he fall and who pursues him?  

18 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

I was going to start this as a separate topic but I think here is more appropriate.  It seems extremely unlikely but what if the Cardinals pass on Kyler Murray after all?  It would throw such a spanner (wrench) in the workings of the first round.

On the off chance that AZ doesn't select him, I don't think that he would fall too far. I think that he would end up going 3 or 4. #3 seems the most likely trade up spot for someone to get ahead of the Raiders just in case they decide to go in that direction, so a team like the Giants would probably target that spot, especially with the knowledge that the Jets are basically auctioning that pick off to whomever. And if nobody traded up there, I just have this weird feeling that the Raiders may go in that direction with Murray. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

On the off chance that AZ doesn't select him, I don't think that he would fall too far. I think that he would end up going 3 or 4. #3 seems the most likely trade up spot for someone to get ahead of the Raiders just in case they decide to go in that direction, so a team like the Giants would probably target that spot, especially with the knowledge that the Jets are basically auctioning that pick off to whomever. And if nobody traded up there, I just have this weird feeling that the Raiders may go in that direction with Murray. 

Yes. I'm very much of the same mind myself.  I wouldn't expect an Aaron Rodgers type drop off, but you never know.  Very hypothetical and unlikely.  And what do our Niners do if the Cards do take Bosa with the first pick?

5 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

5 hours ago, Forge said:

IIRC there was talk early in the process that the Raiders liked him.  It'd be hard for me to imagine that either the 9ers or Jets wouldn't be able to coax them up a couple of spots.  The Raiders have so much ammo, and the Giants do too, I agree that two or three is the floor.

And of course, the 9ers and Jets have every motive to move down if they only move down to 4.

12 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

Yes. I'm very much of the same mind myself.  I wouldn't expect an Aaron Rodgers type drop off, but you never know.  Very hypothetical and unlikely.  And what do our Niners do if the Cards do take Bosa with the first pick?

49ers try to trade down or take Q. Williams/Josh Allen.

Edited by PapaShogun

20 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

If ARZ don't select Murray, I'd expect your boys' phones to be ringing from the likes of MIA, NYG trying to make sure they're the ones that get him.

if they select Bosa, you guys should trade back and try and pick the next best pass-rusher (Allen probably).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If ARZ don't select Murray, I'd expect your boys' phones to be ringing from the likes of MIA, NYG trying to make sure they're the ones that get him.

if they select Bosa, you guys should trade back and try and pick the next best pass-rusher (Allen probably).

Agreed about the Niners trading down for as many picks as possible in return - there appears (on paper) to be so much depth at the DE/Edge position that we could afford to trade down and still get a potentially very good quality player at that position.  Of course there is always the possibility that the Cards trade the first pick themselves for multiple draft picks (which I think would be smart of them, so I hope they don't :))

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

how does the med staff not get fined or suspended for this? There’s no way they didn’t know he had a tear 

Yeah thats bs. Just did a quick look through their injury reporting and he was listed on the injury report 4 times throughout the whole season.. only twice for a knee injury. 

Weeks 1 and 17. 

On 4/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, candyman93 said:

Rooting for this guy to make the Browns. He could, because we need a returner (our special teams is God awful).

https://mobile.twitter.com/thenickshook/status/1116471446103056386

It's funny, I think everyone almost always thinks their special teams suck. ST is just sort of the ugly duckling of the three units

32 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

It's funny, I think everyone almost always thinks their special teams suck. ST is just sort of the ugly duckling of the three units

Kinda like offensive line. Fans of about 20 teams think they have a bottom 5 line.