NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

49 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Uhhhhh oh:

False alarm. It's family issues. Nothing related to football apparently. 

I don't get the rationale with people, especially public figures, posting vague messages on Twitter. I see this with American athletes. Why would you want people to pick at straws about your life that you're sharing? Why not drop the riddle me this act? I mean, I know I don't make the rules, but I'm just trying to understand the line of logical thinking.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 9:44 PM, candyman93 said:

Rooting for this guy to make the Browns. He could, because we need a returner (our special teams is God awful).

https://mobile.twitter.com/thenickshook/status/1116471446103056386

One of my favorite things about Dorsey, he finds guys out of nowhere and gives them a shot.  Hardly ever pays off, but it’s fun nonetheless.

5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

One of my favorite things about Dorsey, he finds guys out of nowhere and gives them a shot.  Hardly ever pays off, but it’s fun nonetheless.

Not sure if surprising or not, but I think this guy is a Alonzo Highsmith pick. However, I’ve read Dorsey picking similar players as well.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:38 AM, PapaShogun said:

False alarm. It's family issues. Nothing related to football apparently. 

I don't get the rationale with people, especially public figures, posting vague messages on Twitter. I see this with American athletes. Why would you want people to pick at straws about your life that you're sharing? Why not drop the riddle me this act? I mean, I know I don't make the rules, but I'm just trying to understand the line of logical thinking.

Look at meeee! I'm relevaaaant! Keep me in your thoughtssss! 

Does anyone else notice that the same players keep getting mentioned on peoples' mock drafts in later rounds (than 1)? 

Like, nearly everyone thinks their team is drafting; Winovich, Deebo Samuel, Hakeem Butler, Darnel Savage etc.

I think i've seen Winovich mocked to every team who has a second round pick below 55.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Does anyone else notice that the same players keep getting mentioned on peoples' mock drafts in later rounds (than 1)? 

Like, nearly everyone thinks their team is drafting; Winovich, Deebo Samuel, Hakeem Butler, Darnel Savage etc.

I think i've seen Winovich mocked to every team who has a second round pick below 55.

There are a lot of non-round one guys that everyone wants. I'd be willing to wager a few of them go a round earlier than expected.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:26 PM, Cheesehawk said:
On 4/15/2019 at 5:46 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

how does the med staff not get fined or suspended for this? There’s no way they didn’t know he had a tear 

Yeah thats bs. Just did a quick look through their injury reporting and he was listed on the injury report 4 times throughout the whole season.. only twice for a knee injury. 

Weeks 1 and 17. 

Pls...fire our medical staff

PppppLLLSSSSSS

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
On 4/15/2019 at 7:26 PM, Cheesehawk said:
On 4/15/2019 at 5:46 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

how does the med staff not get fined or suspended for this? There’s no way they didn’t know he had a tear 

Yeah thats bs. Just did a quick look through their injury reporting and he was listed on the injury report 4 times throughout the whole season.. only twice for a knee injury. 

Weeks 1 and 17. 

Pls...fire our medical staff

PppppLLLSSSSSS

I'm sure he wore a brace that stabilized his knee to help prevent further damage and whether there was further damage or not surgery isn't required for any grade of MCL tear, at least I don't believe so. Might be different for football players.

Broken foot sometimes is a wait til it heals thing also, may not be anything that could be done.

Elbow was probably the same as the knee. Brace it and hope it holds up.

It's football, depending on the position and the player you can gut out a lot of injuries. Not every player wants to, they differ, I don't think it was the medical staff's decision to make in this case.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm sure he wore a brace that stabilized his knee to help prevent further damage and whether there was further damage or not surgery isn't required for any grade of MCL tear, at least I don't believe so. Might be different for football players.

Broken foot sometimes is a wait til it heals thing also, may not be anything that could be done.

Elbow was probably the same as the knee. Brace it and hope it holds up.

It's football, depending on the position and the player you can gut out a lot of injuries. Not every player wants to, they differ, I don't think it was the medical staff's decision to make in this case.

oh yeah, ours just seems to suck at injury prevention and rehab for certain guys.
So anything that could change that I'll take.