NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

At bare minimum, I'd say. Probably going to have to include additional assets in 2020.

Along with a huge contract extension. CB, especially a lockdown type is real important in today's NFL but that is a lot to give up. Obviously if it is a mid or late 1st it would be fairly easy to do and feel good about it but if it included a high pick (1st/2nd) in 2020 I'd probably rather take my chances in the draft and get a guy on a rookie salary. My guess is that they won't find a great offer this year and we'll revisit it next year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, William Lee said:

Bold prediction, very bold prediction :

Brady either will leave Pats or retire after 2019 season.

The reason : still no talks about extension of his contract. 

My guess is that Kraft, Belichick and Brady made a deal 2 years ago : let Jimmy G go, and Brady would play to the end of current contract. After 2019 season, Belichick can do whatever he likes.

If Belichick takes two QBs in draft, I believe it is a sign that Brady’s time in Patriots is over, he may be even traded in the middle of the season for a 1st round pick.

Of course, all of them will be thrown out of window if Brady and Pats win another SB in 2019 season.

As for Brady, I think he will retire if he wins his 7th. But if he doesn’t, he will continue to play.

I live very close to where Brady grew up and I have a lot of friends that went to his highschool and played football with some of the same coaches. 

The rumor is that Brady said he was going to play two more seasons before the start of the 2018 season. 

So I fully expect him to retire after this season. Pats are going to draft a QB in the second or third, watch. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I live very close to where Brady grew up

Ooo, very nice. Count me as quite jealous. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

and I have a lot of friends that went to his highschool and played football with some of the same coaches. 

The rumor is that Brady said he was going to play two more seasons before the start of the 2018 season. 

So I fully expect him to retire after this season. Pats are going to draft a QB in the second or third, watch. 

I still think what he said 4 years ago holds true; "I'll retire when I suck". The day he gets benched (because BB would do that) is the day he retires. Could be September of this year, could be 2021...etc

15 hours ago, William Lee said:

Bold prediction, very bold prediction :

Brady either will leave Pats or retire after 2019 season.

The reason : still no talks about extension of his contract. 

My guess is that Kraft, Belichick and Brady made a deal 2 years ago : let Jimmy G go, and Brady would play to the end of current contract. After 2019 season, Belichick can do whatever he likes.

If Belichick takes two QBs in draft, I believe it is a sign that Brady’s time in Patriots is over, he may be even traded in the middle of the season for a 1st round pick.

Of course, all of them will be thrown out of window if Brady and Pats win another SB in 2019 season.

As for Brady, I think he will retire if he wins his 7th. But if he doesn’t, he will continue to play.

I think Brady is gone after 2019 either way with a ton of other longtime contributors and coaches to get the Trevor Lawrence tank going.

I don't think it has anything to do with his contract. I think that still gets done this offseason to reduce caphit and swing a trade or 2 this offseason. Probably for a receiver and maybe OL.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ooo, very nice. Count me as quite jealous. 

I still think what he said 4 years ago holds true; "I'll retire when I suck". The day he gets benched (because BB would do that) is the day he retires. Could be September of this year, could be 2021...etc

Yeah, this was what I heard from two different people independently from each other prior to the start of last year. These two people actually graduated in different years from Serra (Brady's HS as well as the same HS that Barry Bonds went to). One is a huge benefactor to their sports program even though he doesn't have any kids there anymore. 

Obviously everything is subject to change, but I think its more likely that he made a deal with Giselle than it is with BB and Kraft over the Garoppolo trade lol 

16 hours ago, N4L said:

Yeah, this was what I heard from two different people independently from each other prior to the start of last year. These two people actually graduated in different years from Serra (Brady's HS as well as the same HS that Barry Bonds went to). One is a huge benefactor to their sports program even though he doesn't have any kids there anymore. 

Obviously everything is subject to change, but I think its more likely that he made a deal with Giselle than it is with BB and Kraft over the Garoppolo trade lol 

She needs to pipe down....>:(