NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Spent a while studying the NFL Draft in terms of value, and the second and third rounds are the real money rounds (as well as the later first) in terms of average AV and $ spent per AV. The teams at the very top of the draft end up paying a ton for marginally better results as opposed to later-first-round talents in general, and I think that's one of the things that keeps the bottomfeeders of the NFL at the bottom. They're bad because they don't have good front offices that draft well, and even when they do, they're in terrible cap situations because highly-drafted players aren't terribly cost-effective all the time. 

It's kind of like the frenzy of the last few years about teams needing to win a Super Bowl before the QB's rookie contract ends so they don't have to give up the whole salary cap to the guy. Except these teams never get close.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Do i have the highest percentage of edited post on here. I feel like 99.3% of my posted are edited.

Maybe, I don't know what they look like before you edit them but my guess is that they are better prior to the edit.

Mostly just giving you a hard time, I have a hunch you may be a young fan and are just really enthusiastic about your team.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Maybe, I don't know what they look like before you edit them but my guess is that they are better prior to the edit.

Mostly just giving you a hard time, I have a hunch you may be a young fan and are just really enthusiastic about your team.

Im 42 actually fam. Not enthusiastic at all. Just realistically empowered or something rather. I am however an enthusiastic poster though, so i always have silly typos... ala the edits.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Im 42 actually fam. Not enthusiastic at all. Just realistically empowered or something rather. I am however an enthusiastic poster though, so i always have silly typos... ala the edits.

I haven't noticed the typos, you just have strong positive opinions about your team that make you seem like a very enthusiastic fan. I didn't mean young as in childish or an unevolved fan, just very optimistic.

• Like 1

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

I haven't noticed the typos, you just have strong positive opinions about your team that make you seem like a very enthusiastic fan. I didn't mean young as in childish or an unevolved fan, just very optimistic.

All good. I feel ya. But yeah i think most fans are optimistic come the new season. Some are just more restrained and others more vocal. Im on the more vocal end. But im someone who will take the lumps if wrong, but will remind everyone if im right.  Also i think my optimism about my team is shared by others in the media who arent a fan of my team. So its not like delusional out of thin air optimisim.

If this was 16 Chargers and i was puffin up like this. Id be a delusional homer. But im just reiterating some of the perspectives on my team by the media and experts. But because im a fan, it makes me a homer. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TraBuch said:

Will Patrick Willis be a first ballot hall of famer?

If he isnt, then I will no longer care about the HOF. He is one of the best LBs to ever do it, overcame incredible circumstances as a child to get to where he did, and is a class act through and through. He literally checks all of the boxes you would need and only retired early because of injury. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showtime said:

How was Drew Brees rated the second best player in the entire league on that top 100 list?  Aaron Donald was #1 and I understand that.  Brees wasn't better than Patrick Mahomes.

Sentimentality and probably some line of thinking , He would of made the SB and possibly won it without the botch DPI.

Not sure?

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sentimentality and probably some line of thinking , He would of made the SB and possibly won it without the botch DPI.

Not sure?

I mean, even with that.  Mahomes was still clearly better than Brees was last season.  Also, I thought this was based off the regular season, but I could be wrong about that.

If it includes the playoffs then Brady has to be higher than #6.  His performance vs the Chargers and KC was top notch.  He struggled in the Super Bowl (everyone did), but made that one drive that ended up winning them the game.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

I mean, even with that.  Mahomes was still clearly better than Brees was last season.  Also, I thought this was based off the regular season, but I could be wrong about that.

If it includes the playoffs then Brady has to be higher than #6.  His performance vs the Chargers and KC was top notch.  He struggled in the Super Bowl (everyone did), but made that one drive that ended up winning them the game.

Players always base it off the entire season even though I was under the impression the list was "supposed" to be who you think the top 100 in 2019 is? Not 2018?

It's the same reason Brees was a MVP Candidate up until that last month vs Mahomes. Sentimentality. Yes his numbers were absolutely deserving but everyone knew it was Mahomes and it frankly wasn't close.

Now whether or not Mahomes is being knocked because it's only 1 season not 15-20 like Brady, Brees ect, and proven track records, we'll see? I think that too played a factor. Prove it wasn't a fluke, you be placed higher by his peers?

Could be wrong,  all I got. lol

Edited by Nabbs4u