NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like you’re not giving Schaub enough credit here....

I'm giving him exactly the level of credit he deserves. He was a middle of the pack QB on his best day, compiling stats while playing from behind...and that was before he imploded.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol I was kidding.

I have this argument more often than I want to admit.

Granted it's not nearly as much as the "Case Keenum is a great QB because he played for UH and is the all time yardage leader in college!" or the "The Texans are stupid for passing on Vince Young for Mario Williams!" or the-ever-so-fun "The Texans should have drafted Johnny Manziel #1, Jadevion Clowney sucks!" arguments... but enough to get on the defensive.

Still love you, breh. :D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Granted it's not nearly as much as the "Case Keenum is a great QB because he played for UH and is the all time yardage leader in college!" or the "The Texans are stupid for passing on Vince Young for Mario Williams!" or the-ever-so-fun "The Texans should have drafted Johnny Manziel #1, Jadevion Clowney sucks!" arguments... but enough to get on the defensive.

I’d imagine.  😂 

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can feel it.

raw 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm giving him exactly the level of credit he deserves. He was a middle of the pack QB on his best day, compiling stats while playing from behind...and that was before he imploded.

Whose better 

Nuk or Andre Johnson? 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I was in college with Bud Adams' grandson when this draft happened.  Boy, did we think the Titans fleeced yall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, the Texans (and several other teams) were supposed to regret forever to not drafted Johnny Manziel!

Manziel was also supposed to be the savior of the Cleveland Browns!

This video was in 2014 just after the first round.

Edited by Steelersfan43

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is there anyone who ever argued Darnold would be better as a rookie?

Anyone?

And where is Josh Rosen?

I just think it's funny how much crap Gettlemen gets for drafting the 16th best player in the NFL.  Not to mention rounding out that 2018 draft with Will Hernandez, BJ Hill and Lorenzo Carter.

45 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Whose better 

Nuk or Andre Johnson? 

Ooh, I don't know... I really don't know. I'm a hypocrite if I pick AJ, because he's basically doing what Julio Jones is doing; Ton of catches and yards, but no TDs (that's the main point of my Hopkins > Julio debate).

If I pick Nuk, I'm ignoring a guy who is top 10 All Time in yardage and a beast in the days of Moss and TO. I can't do that.

Tough question...

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

And where is Josh Rosen?

I just think it's funny how much crap Gettlemen gets for drafting the 16th best player in the NFL.  Not to mention rounding out that 2018 draft with Will Hernandez, BJ Hill and Lorenzo Carter.

No, you’re right he’s killing it.

laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was in college with Bud Adams' grandson when this draft happened.  Boy, did we think the Titans fleeced yall.

Oh, I was worried for a bit. Especially after that 40 yard TD TD run in OT vs the Texans, I was really worried that Titans QB was going to bull whip us for years...

20 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Yeah, the Texans (and several other teams) were supposed to regret forever to not drafted Johnny Manziel!

Manziel was also supposed to be the savior of the Cleveland Browns!

This video was in 2014 just after the first round.

Oh, I remember ALL of that. My two cousins went to A&M, hardcore Aggies - still go to games when they can. That year, they were so stoked the Texans sucked because they believed in their hearts that Johnny Football was coming to Houston... That would have been a train wreck, such a train wreck.

• Like 1