NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

17 hours ago, Danger said:

Because it's voted on by the players and he's a guard, who's only played 1 season. He is good, but it's by no means a surprise he's not there.

Yeah it wasn’t like he made All-pro and was one of the best Guards last year. Not a good excuse to exclude him lol. 

Edited by Blackstar12

11 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Yeah it wasn’t like he made All-pro and was one of the best Guards last year. Not a good excuse to not exclude him lol. 

Yeah, I wouldn't put much stock in that.  No way Nelson isn't a top 100 player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm reading 2018 rank, so I'm assuming during the 2018 season... but I could be wrong.

That's for the 2017 season. As a random example, this year's list as 2019 in the title:

Doesn't really matter though. Top 100 is a joke. Just among Titans, Derrick Henry shouldn't even be on the list and Casey should be a lot higher.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

That's for the 2017 season. As a random example, this year's list as 2019 in the title:

Doesn't really matter though. Top 100 is a joke. Just among Titans, Derrick Henry shouldn't even be on the list and Casey should be a lot higher.

Agreed on both. And 10 of the top 20 will be mediocre QBs.

9 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Nate Peterman growing on you? That's never good. I think it could be argued Peterman is 1 one of the worst QB's in the NFL right now. 

Nah, no way that could be argued. It's just fact. There is no one worse.

14 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Nate Peterman growing on you? That's never good. I think it could be argued Peterman is 1 one of the worst QB's in the NFL right now. 

right now?...He is one of the worst QB ever for a QB who has been names the starter by his HC in week one and that it was not because of an injury of another QB.

• Like 1

People over value veteran backups the fact is there aren't many good ones. Nick Foles are very rare situations . Even Josh McCown guy was literally the perfect backup

It's why  guys like Peterman, Kevin Hogan, Matt Barkley, Drew Stanton carve out a niche year after year. 

Edited by thebestever6

1 hour ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Jon Gruden has never been a great QB guru ... I mean, did he ever develop a young QB in his career?

He always preferred vet QB's, so not really. But Josh Freeman actually looked like an NFL QB under him. Once Gruden left he fell right off iirc.