NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

2 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

It also includes the beginning portion of Brees's career when the Chargers were willing to pick up another 1st round QB and letting him go. While with the Chargers, Brees didn't have a single 4000 yard season, whereas this past season was his first as Saint without going over 4000 yards (still more yards than any Chargers year). Basically, Brees didn't become the Brees we know until he got to the Saints.

Basically, without Payton, Brees is just another Kerry Collins.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you want to drop that hot take, have at it.

I mean, you're wrong. But it's ok. ;)

I agree with Danger on this one. Despite the Falcons taking two guys in the first round of the draft. Tytus Howard was a 3 round overreach.

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I agree with Danger on this one. Despite the Falcons taking two guys in the first round of the draft. Tytus Howard was a 3 round overreach.

I made my call on p 168, and I'm dying on that hill. Howard will be considered one of the top 3 Gs in football in a few years, and the best OL from this draft.

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

Impossible

Andre Dillard will be the best OL from this draft, by a SIGNIFICANT margin. ^_^

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you want to drop that hot take, have at it.

I mean, you're wrong. But it's ok. ;)

Calm down, you two.  Both arguments, while wrong, have their strong points.

They're not Nate Davis, but both still have a chance for No. 2.

Andre Dillard was the best pass protector in the draft by far... and will probably develop into the most complete OL as well. He was a steal for the Eagles. 

Tytus Howard was indeed a Middle 3rd Round Prospect. Texans needed a T by farrrrrr over any other position and they massively panicked. I honestly think Max, their second round pick,  will turn into a better T than Tytus. 

Way over the top for a training camp entrance. I mean maybe something like the Pro Bowl that’d be ok. 

Ramsey seems like he will go to the highest bidder regardless of team. I wonder what team will want to take on his ridiculous attitude and antics...